“Fine European dining on Puget Sound Island”
Review of The Four Swallows Restaurant - CLOSED

The Four Swallows Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bainbridge Island, Washington
“Fine European dining on Puget Sound Island”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband I just returned from a 3 week sojourn in France. And truly we have the very best here on Bainbridge. Incredibly well prepared fine cuisine...salmon and steak...that would rival a Michelin 4 star. Yes, the tariff is on the expensive side, but worth every cent. An extensive wine selection, incredible desserts, tasty starters/entrees, and incomparable main dishes. Every special occasion is made more special by dining at the Four Swallows.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank MyFrenchAffair

Atlanta, Georgia
“Outstanding from start to finish”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This lovely restaurant was highly recommended by locals, and it didn't disappoint at all. The atmosphere is casual but elegant. Think jeans and perfectly prepared beef tenderloin. The items on the menu include many local items, the heirloom tomato soup was divine! The staff is attentive and friendly, and makes every effort to make the meal relaxing. The prices are reasonable for the quality of the food, and I strongly recommend saving room for dessert. I will definitely keep the Four Swallows on my list of "return to" restaurants.

You may want to consider making a reservation, especially for larger groups, or prime dining hours.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank lig24
“The best on the island!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

On our inaugural trip to Bainbridge Island, we stopped a local and asked her to recommend a restaurant. She said this was the best place, and we are so happy we followed her recommendation! Our waiter was very knowledgeable and helped pair each of our courses with just the right wine. Our meal-- from the antipasto appetizer to the salad to the beef tenderloin to the apple tart-- was obviously made with great care and attention. The flavors were exquisite. What an awesome find, and it did not break the bank. Make this a stop on your trip-- you won't be sorry!

1 Thank MicheleKL
Bainbridge Island, Washington
“Consistent Excellence”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We are really glad to observe that our long time favorite is busier than ever, despite increased competition in this small community. The atmosphere here is part of the charm and the service always excellent. Some of the staff have been serving us for years and remember our preferences. This year a full bar with cocktails has enhanced the experience, along with good appetizer choices.
You can't go wrong with their pasta courses but the filet steak at the top of the price list is one of the best steaks anywhere. Mussels under appetizers can satisfy most people as a main course.
Freshly baked focaccia is wonderful, as are pizzas.
The owners operate a first rate restaurant and obviously care about their customers.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Excellent food, polite, knowledgable staff”
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed a fantastic dinner at Four Swallows a few weeks ago. They have a good wine list and a menu that features a number of quality restaurant staples, often with a small twist. My waiter, Rich, was incredibly nice. He knew where ingredients came from and how various dishes were prepared. He was attentive but not intrusive. He made an excellent suggestion when it came time for desert (and a wine to accompany). Though it was a busy Friday night when I went, I never felt at all rushed and, in fact, Rich assured me I should take as long I liked with my dinner and paced the courses according to my request.

My filet was prepared perfectly, and the cut was good quality. They even added a little dill to my salad after I offhandedly suggested that it would be a nice complement to the other flavors. For a nice evening with quality food, Four Swallows is a perfect choice.

If there is a complaint to be made about this place, it is that volume can become a bit loud when the place is full. Undoubtedly, that is a function of being located in a converted house.

1 Thank girl_travelled