“Quite nice and friendly”
Review of Island Country Inn

Island Country Inn
Island Country Inn
Reviewed September 19, 2010

We had the larger room for a bit more money, We did not see the size of the regular rooms. It was a farily new facility, clean, and in good order. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was standard American Continental, (not appetizing, but filling.) The location was up the hill from the harbour, and near the highway. But, it seems all of the hotels are, except for one much pricier place. (Is is only a three-quarter walk to the harbour.)

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 8, 2010

I stayed here while working on the island. For the area (especially being on the island), the rates were excellent. The rooms are quaint and the beds are comfortable.

This motel offered:
Free Continental Breakfast: comparable to La Quinta (Waffles, Bagels, Hard-Boiled Eggs, Toast, Yogurt);
Business Center: (public-use PC in the lobby)
Lobby sitting area with fireplace;
Free Parking;
Close Proximity to a handful of restaurants;

If you're on the island, stay here.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank hypshark
Reviewed February 12, 2010

My girlfriend and I were looking for a quick 1 night getaway in the area and someone mentioned Bainbridge Island. We checked out the hotel on line and decided to give it a try. When we got there, we were very surprised that the hotel was even better than the pcitures. The staff was very friendly and our room was very comfortable and clean. We had great time that night at the local casino and in the morning, a very nice Contnental breakfast with make your own waffles was served. We also found the hotel very conveniently located to a lot of the sites on Bainbridge we wanted to see and the restraunt they recommended was excellent as well. Overall, the hotel was a unique experience as opposed to others I have stay at before and I think the price we paid of $89.00 was an excellent value for what we received. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area and as a great place for locals to just have a quiet, relaxing time away from it all. Thanks to the staff! We will definitely come again!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2009

Overall I enjoyed my stay here. The room was very clean and in good repair.

The hotel staff was a bit terse. They were very matter-of-fact folks, didn't smile much. They were extremely helpful, but just seemed a bit depressed.

As a traveler with severe asthma and allergies, I had to go a few extra steps to ask for something that is standard in most hotels: bed linens and towels washed in unscented detergent and fabric softener, and no scented cleaners used in the room, and removal of the freebie stuff, which is usually scented. The towels and linens were taken care of, eventually. They were very polite and apologetic. However, scented cleaners were used in the room, and they left the basket of freebies, which I had to stick in a cabinet. If you have severe asthma and allergies, you know what a problem any scent, even from a closed bottle, can do to you.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
gmici, General Manager at Island Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2010

Thanks for writing the review. While I'm pleased that your stay was pleasant, I am concerned about two things from your comments. First, I am looking into a bulk supplier for cleaning supplies and room amenities. You're not the only one with allergy/asthma sensitivities. It's not at all uncommon, and a factor we need to work with. Second, I am surprised that the staff was surly. I was away at the time (In France for a needed vacation), so I didn't have the opportunity to meet you. Our staff is usually friendly, helpful, and accommodating. I'll hope that you hit them on a bad day, though that's no real excuse. I've shown the review to the staff. I appreciate your comments, and I hope we see you again sometime.

Steve Nickerson

Reviewed July 14, 2009

Close to downtown Winslow. Nice rooms and very friendly , helpful staff.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank memphismidtowner
Reviewed May 20, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here on the Canadian May long weekend to attend a Mariners game. We've previously stayed on Bainbridge Island @ the Best Western which is in the same area but booked the Island Country Inn due to BW being sold out. We were very glad that we did! Both hotels are in the same location with a Safeway, liquor store and other small shops extremely close by but Island Country Inn just felt cozier. The continental breakfast was awesome! There were bagels, toast, waffles, cereal, coffee, etc. Free Wireless internet and free parking. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank natski83
Reviewed April 20, 2009

I stay at the Island Country Inn every year because my family lives on Bainbridge I always come back because the staff is very helpfull-for example-they brought me blankets at 2 AM and never complained of my late call. Breakfast is all one can eat and served in a cozy country like room The bedroom I stay in is very comfortable I can get up-have breakfast and walk into town and be among the very very friendly locals. AND so important for me---I can bring my dog and there is an area for him to do what dogs do.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bainbridge Island
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
Mediterranean Inn
#31 of 103 in Seattle
Inn at the Market
#1 of 103 in Seattle

Been to Island Country Inn? Share your experiences!