“Wonderful Tour”
Review of Kitsap Tours - CLOSED

Kitsap Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Just a ferry ride from Seattle; explore Bainbridge Island, the Kitsap and Olympic peninsulas in Washington State. Choose from full and half day tours with a knowledgeable guide, informative videos and time to explore. Start with a scenic 35 minute ferry trip from Seattle to Bainbridge Island, where we will meet you, and explore the eclectic collection of communities west of Seattle with scenic views of water and mountains at every turn. History, heritage, shopping, dining, and fun; a tour of all things Northwest with optional endings to extend your day on Kitsap! Travel in our luxury minibus; large windows, easy step access, high back leather seats and storage for any purchases.
Orange Park, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful Tour”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The tour is great, picked us up at the ferry terminal and we all enjoyed the all day tour of Bainbridge Island. We were lucky and only 6 of us on the bus that day. Enjoyed it very much and Jim and Jean are great hosts.

Visited May 2012
KitsapSeattle, Owner at Kitsap Tours, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your review!

Kirkland, Washington
“I had a Great Time for my Birthday with Kitsap Tours”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Very informative and FUN! Kitsap Tours would be great for out-of-towners or for locals alike. It was nice to sit in their very comfortable tour bus and sight see as they drove us from place to place. We stopped at a lovely park on Bainbridge Is. and then crossed the bridge to the Kitsap Peninsula where we stopped at Pulsbo. I'm a local and had never seen Chief Seattle's grave until this trip! After that we went over to Port Gamble and had free access to a couple of their cute little museums. While driving they even kept us entertained with videos on their flat screen TV on the bus. They were so nice and provided for a really nice excursion.

Visited August 2012
KitsapSeattle, Owner at Kitsap Tours, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
We enjoy all of our tours but it is always fun to show a local something they haven't discovered on their own. This area is so rich in history, culture and especially scenery - great for visitors and locals! Thank you for the very nice review.
Chicago, Illinois
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Sick at the Reserve”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Jean and Jim were the most gracious guides. We went to the Bloedel Reserve for their half day tour and it was wonderful. Jean does the tour and Jim gets you there safe and sound.
When we arrived at the Reserve my husband wasn't feeling great. I asked what our options were and Jean was really understanding and was willing to give me a map so we could catch up if R couldn't walk it. R ended up walking it and got some great pictures to boot. SInce our trip to the reserve, Bainbridge Island, and Seattle we learned how much more active we can be. I have an auto immune disease and that trip really pushed me and I MADE IT. I will always remember Jean's tour, kindness, and knowledge of the island. I have since been walking through the gardens of Chicago and find myself really seeing the trees now! Excellent tour and excellent people to spend the day with.

Visited October 2012
KitsapSeattle, Owner at Kitsap Tours, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you so much for your most gracious review! It was a pleasure to meet both of you and I am so pleased to hear that the walk at the Bloedel Reserve has lead to more walking and activity.
Bellevue, Washington
“Girlfriend's Birthday Tour”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I had heard about Bloedel Garden and had wanted to go there. When I saw that there was a tour I booked it with some trepidation not being familiar with Kitsap Tours. Was I in for a surprise!! Not only did we get a tour of the gardens but some of Bainbridge Island (which I had never been to). Jean and her husband were right there at the ferry terminal to meet us. The drive was great with running commentary about the island. The gardens were wonderful. We had the option of taking the guided tour or going on our own. I'm so glad we did the tour. Jean's knowledge of the reserve, the plants and the animals was very extensive. I wish I had recorded it. I almost felt like I was with a very knowledgeable friend as we were touring the garden. It was a small group and it was just right. I will definitely book with Kitsap Tours again. I'm looking forward to my next trip!

Visited October 2012
KitsapSeattle, Owner at Kitsap Tours, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
So glad Kitsap Tours was a pleasant surprise and even happier that you enjoyed the Bloedel Reserve. We look forward to seeing you on another tour in the future!
seattle
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful even for locals!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I thought I knew allot about Bainbridge Island and the Olympic Peninsula until I joined Jean and Jim's tour. Jean has been deeply engaged in the area for years and not only knows some great little pockets I had never seen before, but knew both historic and contemporary stories.

Their new buss was very comfortable and Jim did an excellent job driving. There were well produced and informative films to watch between tour highlights.

My fellow travelers were two sisters from Chicago and an adventurous young woman from Liverpool, England. Jean drew everyone into the experience and we quickly became cronies. I highly recommend this tour as a way to get a bigger picture of our lovely Northwest including important Native American history.

1 Thank watershadow
KitsapSeattle, Owner at Kitsap Tours, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
I am glad we could show a local something new! It was a fun day and I hope you return. Thank you for the review!