“Horrible food and service.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Applebee's Wytheville
Ranked #20 of 58 Restaurants in Wytheville
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pittsboro, North Carolina
“Horrible food and service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

My bf asked for his steak to be med-rare, it came out well done. The table across from us had the same problem. I even think the the persons' replacement steak was still not cooked right, judging from the look on his face. My chicken alfredo hardly had any flavor. Our waitress crouched down in front of our table - very unprofessional. Then we had to wait 20 while she talked to another waitress behind us after we were done to get our check. Of course after she gave us our check all she did was apologize and explain what a long day she had had. Never going back.

• Visited May 2012
Brad S, Guest Relations Manager at Applebee's Wytheville, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Wytheville, VA Applebee's. While I am extremely disappointed in the food and service you received, I appreciate your feedback and have shared it with that team. I have reviewed pasta and steak cooking procedures with all cooks and am certain your next visit will be better. I invite you to contact the restaurant and speak with a manager about your experience at 276-223-4404. Again, I am truly sorry that we failed to deliver the food and service you deserve, but I assure you that your feedback is very important to me and to the company. I have taken the necessary action steps to ensure a visit like yours isn't repeated.

Ceres, Virginia
“Good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

This restaurant was very good. The staff were friendly. the food was very good, the price was reasonable and the property was easily accessible from the interstate(I-81 exit 70)

Green Cove Springs, Florida
“over cooked food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

We ordered the two for $20. The applitzer had no flavor and I had no idea where the chips came from. We have two different chicken dishes both were very dry and overcooked. The buck desert was spot on but not on the menu. Go figure.

• Visited April 2012
“Not what I expect from Applebee's”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

We both ordered the soup and salad combo for lunch. I had ordered tomato basil soup here before and it was good, but this time it was spicy. The fiesta southwest salad was spicy and had strips of red and black chips in it but they were soggy. We ordered at 11:30am and got our food vey quickly but the chips were already soggy so the salad must have been made ahead of time. Then I ordered the Caesar salad and it was sub par. We expect chain restaurants to have same quality food at all their stores, but this one lacks the same quality of other Applebee's that I have eaten in.

Brockport, New York
“Good Grub Pricy Beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

We choose Applebee's as we know what to expect. We didn't,t expect the beer to be nearly $10 for two 16 oz drafts (not quite full) It didn't,t deter us however as we went with two mor 22oz qualfs when we learned they were only $.50 more.
Our server, Kirsten was wonderful, very cheerful and attentive. She even "sold us " on the brownie bites for a $1 apiece. Well worth it and no guilt! We would return. Enjoy!