“THE ROOM HAD A BAD ODER . POOL IS FILLED IN . NOT THAT WE WOULD USE IT IN FEBRUARY .”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Reviewed March 7, 2011

We have stayed here several times , and have had a nice stay . But this time the room stunk like I don't know like what , it was an annoying bad order . It was not an enjoyable stay . But it was late at night so we just put up with it & stayed the night . Don't know what it was all about . But they should not have rented that room .

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 28, 2011

Was moving with a moving truck, van, 3 adults, 1 teen, 1 child, and 3 dogs. It was getting late and saw this hotel in the roomsaver hotel magazine. It was a quick check-in and the lady at the front desk was very nice. It was $50 including tax and there was no extra charge for the pets. Had 2 double beds.and free wifi. The doors were on the outside of the hotel and there was plenty of parking and truck parking available. There was also a small continental breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed October 28, 2010

We had a great night at the Red Roof Inn in Wytheville. Nice lobby with fresh baked cookies (free!), good breakfast (included!), clean and comfortable room. Inexpensive. Great value. I give it a "thumbs up" rating!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sonshine-lover
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Giving a previous reviewer the benefit of the doubt, I think the they got their hotels mixed up! That review does not reflect Red Roof Inn. I have stayed at this property on many occasions. The most recent twice in September this year. The rooms are former Holiday Inn style well refurbished of a size and layout known to all experienced travelers. My dog ALWAYS stays free as advertised. I took her out after 11 PM and walked the whole parking lot without incident. The cash payment crack is ridiculous. Clientele was largely seniors, like me. This is a well-managed hotel with good service at budget prices. It is a standard half-way stop when we visit family.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PURay
Reviewed August 26, 2010

$117 for a room with no iron, no coffee, no fridge or microwave, and no breakfast. I've spent much less on rooms that were 10 times better than this motel. I feel like i got price gouged on this motel since it was a Friday night and most other decent hotels had no vacancy. Got into the Hampton Inn on Saturday and paid almost half the price for a far superior hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Stayed there for a Nascar race. Check in time is 2:00pm. When we arrived at 3:45 pm, we found a lobby full of people.(At this time, there was one person at the check-in desk) We were told that our room had not been cleaned yet. (along with many of the other guests in the lobby) We were told to have a seat and wait. After 20 minutes, I went up to the desk and finally was told it just became available. The room was adequate. (no hair dryer) Twice in our 2 night stay, neither key worked and I had to return to the front desk to get it re-programmed. The staff was very indifferent, except for the older gentleman that cleaned our room. Because of the poor customer service, I would not stay there again. Also the price of the room was more than tripled because of the Nascar race weekend. The web site says there is an outdoor pool. This was taken out in the previous spring.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I just stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Wytheville,Virginia and unknowingly dropped my cellphone while there. The super folks there took the extra time to trace me down and, before I even arrived home, had left a message on my home phone. We made arrangements and they mailed it superfast, superpacked, and, believe it or not, they had super-shined it up for me! Way to go, guys!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple