WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Fort Myers, Florida
“What I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I expected this hotel t be the way it was. We had broken down and the lovely repair shop helped us get a place to stay while we waited for our repairs. When we checked in the man was very nice. He said he was new so i expected delays but since i work at a hotel i know what it is like. He was great except he informed me that they had a continental breakfast in the mornings. Which was muffins and pastrys and some cereal. I was kinda disappointed. He also did not ask if we had a bed preference. I would of preferred a king or a queen instead of a double since it was me and my boyfriend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for the recent review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay I do appologize that we did not offer you different bed types at check in.

Russell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

My overnight stay here went really well until it was time to leave the next morning. My reservation was handled well upon arrival and the desk clerk was very welcoming. The room was convenient to the parking lot and everything was in order and operating well. Coffee was available throughout the evening and the property seemed safe and quiet.

My only problem was encountered the next day when I needed to check-out and get an itemized bill. At around 9 am, no one was at the front desk. For a few minutes I waited and kept calling out to attract someone. I was surprised since they are supposed to have 24-hour desk service and this was hardly the middle of the night anyway, but a prime hour of the morning for Guests to be leaving. Eventually a woman showed up; she seemed sort of harried and did say she was sorry for not attending the desk. I just shrugged and accepted the needed documents and gave her the room key card. This would have been more serious if a Guest had an appointment or was trying to catch a plane, but as it is I was just driving. Never had this problem at previous Red Roofs I have stayed at, as I am a Redicard holder.

Room Tip: Try to get an itemized invoice in advance if possible since the front desk appears not to be well-st...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Russell S, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your response we are glad to hear your stay was good. I will look into why you had such a delay at check out and resolve this from happening in the furture.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

While I wish the Wi-Fi was stronger, it's hard to complain about a clean room and a decent price. The front desk lady at midnight was very nice and I would recommend this location to anyone who needs a bed for the night...it's not destination luxury, but it isn't trying to be. Breakfast as typical for a place like this.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear your stay was great and the room was clean. I will look into the slow internet problem you had.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

-easy to find
-quick check in and out
-rooms smell like a vet terrible animal smell (and we are dog owners but this was awful!!)
-breakfast was free but we didn't even eat it bc it looked bad and only offered muffins & cereal that weren't appetizing.
-I'm surprised this hotel ever gets rated higher that 2-3. It wasn't higher than 2-3/5.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I want to appoligize for the pet smell in your room on your recent stay I will look into this and resolve the problem. If there is anything else we can do please feel free to contact me by phone or email 276-223-1700 or I0680@redroof.com.

Ceres, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at Wytheville Va Red Roof a few times and each time has been very good. This time was no exception. When I checked in, the front manager Marla was very professional and got me into my room very quick and efficiently. she was friendly and quite helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The only negatives I had about the room were the lack of electrical outlets(I had to unplug the alarm clock in order to plug in my laptop) and no refrig/microwave but I made do without a microwave and used our cooler. I used a Redicard certificate for this room and I guess this was all they had on that plan(I usually stay in an upgraded room). The free breakfast was adequate for our needs(if you want something better, Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel is just down the street). I'd recommend this property again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are excited to hear your stay was once again great! as always we appreciate return guest.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

No WiFi even though advertised. Tried to call front desk from room several times but no one answered. Called from my cell phone several times. Someone would answer after several rings but immediately hang up!!! This went on for over an hour, till about 11:00 pm. Don't think there was still many people checking in, so shouldnt have been too busy to answer phone. Very poor customer service. Furniture seems to be from the 60's. TV looks at least 15 years old. All king rooms on second floor. Walk up with all your luggage!! No thanks......only stayed here cause LaQuinta next door sold out. It is better than sleeping in the car!!!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hope4truth
Pittston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Let me preface this by stating, I am a loyal Redicard Member, and I love Red Roof. I travel cross country for a month or two every year with my dog, and I stay at Red Roof whenever possible. With that said, the rooms in this motel are "tired," and they are in desperate need of an update. When I checked in, I was given a room that was not cleaned, so I had to bring my luggage and dog back to the truck, and drive all the way back to the office. The desk clerk was beyond apologetic and pleasant. However, there was a family of middle eastern/Indians, who live in two rooms of the motel, and they appear to clean the rooms and take care of the grounds. They lurk around the walkways, and they leave the doors to their rooms open at all times. They cannot speak English, and they were beyond creepy. Unfortunately, we had to pass them and their rooms every time we entered or exited our room, and they made us very, very uncomfortable. In fact, when they saw that my first room (a Superior King) was not cleaned, an Indian man opened a basic room with two double beds, and said, "Here." I told him I wanted a Superior King, and he said, "NO, HERE." I just ignored the creep, and I took all my luggage and dog back to my truck and went back to the front desk. The second room was made up, but it was tired, old, and worn. The air conditioner was EXTREMELY loud, but I like white noise in a motel, so I was okay with that. Most others hate noisy a/c's. To be fair, there are three positives about the property. The front desk staff was very nice, and the rooms are quiet (if you do not mind extremely loud a/c units). This property also featured a nice breakfast bar, with juices, coffee, cereal and muffins. If I had it to do all over again, I would stay in the La Quinta, which shares the same property as Red Roof. Both properties have GREAT spaces to walk your pets!

Room Tip: All areas seemed to be quiet. Be warned, the A/C units (in the rooms) are beyond loud!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple