“Good Value for a on the road stop” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville

Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Newport, Tennessee
“Good Value for a on the road stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Good place to stop on I 81 room was large clean and close to the 81 could be a few more food options close but if you want something other than bob evans its a couple miles (should have just ordered pizza delivered) Would stay again and probably will again in a couple weeks

Room Tip: Avoid the breeze way on first floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Just off Interstates 81 & 77, this is an easy place to find. Because of the location there are a lot of people who use this as an overnight stay along their way. We are a bit unusual in that we stay for several days exploring. There is a nice family atmosphere with clean practical rooms. My wife and I visit here annually to explore the New River Trail and other historical places in the area. Free WyFy, accessible eateries nearby, and transportation access make this ideal for us. The breakfast is standard with lots of carbs (rolls and cereal), but short on proteins (which is why I gave it only four stars.) No concierge, but there has always been a staff person at the desk who could answer questions.

Room Tip: We travel with two mountain bicycles. Don't be afraid to book a suite or business room. They h...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marvin B
Crossville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We have stayed here several times over the years when we go bicycling, hiking, and canoeing in Wytheville. The price for the suite (2 rooms) is very reasonable and we need the extra space to store our bikes. One room has 2 double beds and the bathroom, and the other room is set up as a living area with sleeper sofa, chair, desk, micro-fridge and a closet. Clean rooms, friendly staff. They had a pool years ago, but it has since been filled in (due to high maintenance costs) and that area is all grassy now and is used for tossing a frisbee, playing football, etc. The breakfast is carb-loaded (cereal, muffins, danish) but there is coffee and milk available all day long. There is a Bob Evans and a Waffle House close by, though, as well as other restaurants. If you like Chinese, I highly recommend the Peking restaurant across the street (next to Shoney's).

Room Tip: If you have a lot of stuff to take to your room (bikes, etc) you can request a room on the 1st floor...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank travelgal_0511
Clarksville, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Hotel had a very nice and clean room, comfy bed, friendly staff, great view of Mountains was a plus......Not a real good Breakfast tho but however I would stay there again . I stayed alone on this trip BUT would be good for a family

1 Thank imawalkingal
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for the compliments. We are glad to hear your stay was good and the room was clean with a comfy bed.
We hope to see you again soon.

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn on an unplanned trip and was very pleased at the welcome I received. Everything was nice and clean and I was treated with a family style that is missing in so many places today. Knowing I was already traveling at an inconvenient time for my schedule it was very reassuring to know strangers still care. Thank you again for making my trip a little easier.

• 5 of 5 stars
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
We are glad to hear you had a good stay and that everything was clean. We hope to see you again soon.

Hermitage, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Traveling home, we called in advance for a room for a night. Upon checking in, we went to out room to find another family had been given the same room. So we went to the front desk to get another room. My wife used the bathroom only to find the yoilet tank was empty and would not flush. Back to the front desk for our 3rd room in about 15 minutes. What incompetence. The good news, my boys got plenty of exercise walking up and down the steps and the bill of $90 some dollars averaged out to about $30 a room.

Room Tip: Avoid at all cost.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Bill S
I'm sorry to hear about your terrible experience. I will personally look into these issues to see what steps we could have took for this not to happen and retrain my staff appropriately to insure this does not happen again. I want to thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention so that it could be resolved and if there is anything else I can do please feel free to call or email me at 276-223-1700 or i0680@redroof.com.
We hope to see you again soon.

Ypsilanti, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed here a couple weeks ago on the way to georgia.The rooms were clean , the staff were very friendly and helpful.Its in a good safe location,stayed an extra night i liked it so much.Hope to stay there again on my next vacation.

• 5 of 5 stars
I'm glad to hear your stay was great. My staff and I both want to thank you for the wonderful compliments and we hope to see you again soon.