“Terrible”

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Hermitage, Tennessee, United States
“Terrible”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Traveling home, we called in advance for a room for a night. Upon checking in, we went to out room to find another family had been given the same room. So we went to the front desk to get another room. My wife used the bathroom only to find the yoilet tank was empty and would not flush. Back to the front desk for our 3rd room in about 15 minutes. What incompetence. The good news, my boys got plenty of exercise walking up and down the steps and the bill of $90 some dollars averaged out to about $30 a room.

Room Tip: Avoid at all cost.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bill S
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
I'm sorry to hear about your terrible experience. I will personally look into these issues to see what steps we could have took for this not to happen and retrain my staff appropriately to insure this does not happen again. I want to thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention so that it could be resolved and if there is anything else I can do please feel free to call or email me at 276-223-1700 or i0680@redroof.com.
We hope to see you again soon.

Russell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Ypsilanti, Michigan
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed here a couple weeks ago on the way to georgia.The rooms were clean , the staff were very friendly and helpful.Its in a good safe location,stayed an extra night i liked it so much.Hope to stay there again on my next vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
I'm glad to hear your stay was great. My staff and I both want to thank you for the wonderful compliments and we hope to see you again soon.

Warwick, New York
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I always like to stay at Red Roof's when I can and this one was not a disappointment. After traveling all day check in was quick and the staff was friendly. Our room was clean and quiet. We will definetly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
We are glad to hear your stay was good. Thank you for the woderful review. We hope to see you again soon.

Killington, Vermont
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My friends and myself were traveling to Bonnaroo from Vermont and stayed the night at the Red Roof after a 13 hour drive. This place was so clean and friendly and comfortable. It included a free continental breakfast and wifi. Internet connection was fast and clear, air conditioning worked beautifully on a hot summer night, and the front desk staff was extremely welcoming and kind (especially since we checked in at 3 in the morning). I would reccomend this Inn to anyone, especially those looking for a comfy place to stay on a long trip. Oh and it was super super clean!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the compliments, we are glad to hear your stay was clean and comfortable. I will share the compliments with my staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Seymour, CT
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I did not get to stay at this hotel earlier this week. But... After a 12 hour drive, I was greeted with a smile. After a few minutes of searching, we discovered I made my reservation for the wrong night. (Oh no!). That's ok - we'll take care of you right now. (Yay!). However, we have no hot water (oh no!) we an accommodate you next door at La Quinta if you'd prefer (yay!) and at the same rate as your [incorrect] reservation. (Yay/ wow!) and they are pet friendly also so your dog is more than welcome.
I've had issues in the past at other chains and been put out on the curb. WAY TO GO Red Roof. Thanks for your kindness & assistance!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank TrudyGinsburg
We are glad to hear you had great customer service and I will gladly share this with my staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Germantown
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The hotel staff was so helpful and friendly. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable and the Wi-Fi worked great - at no extra charge. The breakfast buffet had just enough variety, cereal, fruit, muffins, juice. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sheryl D
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for the compliments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Ellwood City, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Absolutely a fantastic value ! Recently traveled home from Savannah with 3 adults and 2 kids under 10. We got a "suite" with 2 double beds and a pull-out sofa (also a double) for less than $80 (before taxes). Room was very clean. Easy access to restaurants. You can walk to Cracker Barrel, probabaly to Bob Evans. Must drive to Shoneys. Stunning views of the Mountains. Easy access back to the highway. Staff is very friendly. Nothing fancy here but certainly comfortable. We have stayed several times at this hotel. Just remember to request a blow dryer as they are available at the desk but not left in the rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review. we are glad you enjoyed your stay and the veiw from the hotel. I will pass along the compliments to my staff as we work hard to be friendly and make every one happy. We look forward to seeing you again soon.