“Not fancy, but safe, nice town” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 East Main St, I-81/I-77 at exit # 73, Wytheville, VA 24382   |
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Not fancy, but safe, nice town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My mom and I stopped with her dog on our way to PA. Great price, so we got two rooms. Renovated, clean rooms. Felt safe, and the town is very nice. Lovely mountain views. Beautiful old homes in their historic district, and decent food options. Friendly front desk staff. Only complaint is that they couldn't accommodate our request for adjoining rooms, even when we asked a second time later in the evening. At that time, it appeared there were three empty rooms between us. We were told they were reserved. When we left the next morning, the one next to my mom still appeared empty - curtain open, beds made. The hotel overall wasn't full, so we were confused. Still, we'd stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I apologize for not having any adjoining rooms I will look further into the vacant room next to your mothers if you could email me your name at i0680@redroof.com my best guess as of now would be the room was reserved but they never showed up or changed rooms for some reason or the room next door might have been out of order. again I apologize and would like to look into this further for you. We hope to see you again soon.

Russell Simpson

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I will stay again because of friendlyness of staff. Every thing worked in my room. Good hot shower and good breakfast for price I paid.sure I will stay again and pass to my friends my experience . This hotel has beautiful mountain view.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the wonderful compliments. I will make sure I share these with my staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Russell Simpson
Aiken, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel was our pit stop driving from up North to down South. We got in late and left early, needed to park directly in front of our room because we had lots to unload from the car, and wanted a King bed. They were able to accommodate us and the room was adequate.

Pros: Close to highway, convenient, inexpensive
Cons: Room is slightly outdated, and there was no hairdryer

Room Tip: If you would like a refrigerator or a microwave, I believe you need to get a "suite" rathe...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments. I'm glad to hear we could accommodate your special request. As we do not have hair dryers in the rooms we always have them available at the front desk. Again thank you and we hope to see you again on your way back north.

Salisbury, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The room was super clean,and recently remodeled.The continental breakfast was just coffee and rolls.Can't beat the price,would stay again.Pets stay free which is unhead of.Staff very pleasant and helpful.Loved my stay there

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank connierayell
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
We are glad to hear you stay was wonderful and the room was very clean. We hope to see you again soon.

mackemtripper
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Good stay. Very good value. Room was clean and tidy. Very basic. I booked a non smoking room, yet the place stunk of stale tobacco smoke. I would have complained but was just too tired after a long day driving. Location is perfect for the interstate.

It was a cold night and the heating made the room very dry. Internet worked great. I was in a room that required I park on the other side of the breezeway and would probably ask for a room where I could park right outside if I stayed here again. Shower was good. This is a good stop over for snowbirds heading south from Ontario. It's an old style motel building where you drive up to the room (in most cases). There are a few fast food outlets nearby. None of which are any great shakes More choice of the same sorts of places if you drive one exit further south on the Interstate.

Would recommend this Red Roof for a good value overnight stop. The only complaint I have was the smell of smoke in a non smoking room. There is really no excuse for that these days. Would I stay here again? Bearing in mind the above. YES.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where you can park right outside.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I will look into the smokey rooms and make sure we are treating them properly, I am glad to hear the room was clean and the shower had enough pressure. The next time you are visiting please ask for a room on the outside so that you can pull right up to the door and we will try our best to honor the request. we hope to see you again soon.

Liverpool, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My son and I stopped here on our way back from Florence, South Carolina to Columbus, Ohio

We were warmly greeted at the desk and the transaction went quickly and smoothly. I was happy to find once arriving at the room that it was VERY clean and I didn't fear falling asleep as I have in some other rooms I'd stayed in at competitors recently. After seeing some comments on Foursquare regarding the sparse choices for Breakfast we went elsewhere, but I can understand for the price you can't expect a full spread. I was shocked they would offer anything to begin with. We will be staying here from now on though when we travel through the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for the compliments. I'm glad you enjoyed your room and that is was clean and comfortable our top priority is guest satisfaction. I'm sorry you didn't try our breakfast you should try it next year as we are looking into expanding it quit a bit next year and I fell it will give and even better value to our guest. Hope to see you again soon.

Wheeling, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This hotel is great place for stopover when traveling I77 or I81 thru the area. Pets stay free. Beds are firm. Our room and lobby were clean, staff was friendly, and location was very convenient. If you are looking for a reasonally priced place to sleep, shower, and be on your way this is it.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank bheinz
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for the response. I'm glad you enjoyed the firm bed and clean room. I hope you also had a chance sit, relax and enjoy the colorful mountian views as fall is here and the mountians views are breath taking this time of year.