“Great stay, great price”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Salisbury, North Carolina
“Great stay, great price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

The room was super clean,and recently remodeled.The continental breakfast was just coffee and rolls.Can't beat the price,would stay again.Pets stay free which is unhead of.Staff very pleasant and helpful.Loved my stay there

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank connierayell
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
We are glad to hear you stay was wonderful and the room was very clean. We hope to see you again soon.

Russell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
West Lothian, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Good stay. Very good value. Room was clean and tidy. Very basic. I booked a non smoking room, yet the place stunk of stale tobacco smoke. I would have complained but was just too tired after a long day driving. Location is perfect for the interstate.

It was a cold night and the heating made the room very dry. Internet worked great. I was in a room that required I park on the other side of the breezeway and would probably ask for a room where I could park right outside if I stayed here again. Shower was good. This is a good stop over for snowbirds heading south from Ontario. It's an old style motel building where you drive up to the room (in most cases). There are a few fast food outlets nearby. None of which are any great shakes More choice of the same sorts of places if you drive one exit further south on the Interstate.

Would recommend this Red Roof for a good value overnight stop. The only complaint I have was the smell of smoke in a non smoking room. There is really no excuse for that these days. Would I stay here again? Bearing in mind the above. YES.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where you can park right outside.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I will look into the smokey rooms and make sure we are treating them properly, I am glad to hear the room was clean and the shower had enough pressure. The next time you are visiting please ask for a room on the outside so that you can pull right up to the door and we will try our best to honor the request. we hope to see you again soon.

Liverpool, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

My son and I stopped here on our way back from Florence, South Carolina to Columbus, Ohio

We were warmly greeted at the desk and the transaction went quickly and smoothly. I was happy to find once arriving at the room that it was VERY clean and I didn't fear falling asleep as I have in some other rooms I'd stayed in at competitors recently. After seeing some comments on Foursquare regarding the sparse choices for Breakfast we went elsewhere, but I can understand for the price you can't expect a full spread. I was shocked they would offer anything to begin with. We will be staying here from now on though when we travel through the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for the compliments. I'm glad you enjoyed your room and that is was clean and comfortable our top priority is guest satisfaction. I'm sorry you didn't try our breakfast you should try it next year as we are looking into expanding it quit a bit next year and I fell it will give and even better value to our guest. Hope to see you again soon.

Wheeling, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

This hotel is great place for stopover when traveling I77 or I81 thru the area. Pets stay free. Beds are firm. Our room and lobby were clean, staff was friendly, and location was very convenient. If you are looking for a reasonally priced place to sleep, shower, and be on your way this is it.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank bheinz
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for the response. I'm glad you enjoyed the firm bed and clean room. I hope you also had a chance sit, relax and enjoy the colorful mountian views as fall is here and the mountians views are breath taking this time of year.

Niskayuna, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

they remind you by neglecting to furnish a microwave or minifridge. And then do it again at breakfast, offering even LESS than most budget places, not even a bowl of cold cereal!
Perfectly adequate, clean, updated room. Overall appearance very good, linens crisp, towels fresh and soft. Wifi signal strong. Good drapes darken room from intrusive exterior light. Only noise came from interior pipes when neighbor used bathroom.
"Breakfast" consisted of poor coffee with powdered or flavored creamer (yuk!) with an assortment of mini muffins and other sweet treats. There is a juice machine, too.
Staff was friendly but not very outgoing. When I used a coupon that reduced the rate to $47, it felt like I was using food stamps, as if I was getting a real break. (I am used to Red Roof charging about $50-$60)
I overheard another guest trying to pry information or conversation from the clerk and cringed when she answered "I don't know" regarding local restaurant information; something that she should know or at least be able to reference from the experience of others; after all, her job is to make people feel welcome visiting her city!

Room Tip: People with difficulty using stairs will need to walk or drive around the building to get to "b...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for the compliment on our clean and up dated rooms. I'm sorry your room did not have a micro-fridge in there, we do have micro-fridges in our superior king rooms and our 2 room suites which also has 2 televisions as an added bonus. I would like to ensourage you to try one of these rooms on your next trip down. I will also provide extra training to my employees about the Wutheville area so that they can give better insight on things to do and places to eat.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Room was large and very clean. Bed was average. Looks as if it has been recently updated, all the furnishings appeared to be new. The bathroom was clean. The front desk staff was very friendly. The continental breakfast was coffee and muffins only, but I'm surprised there was anything considering it was only $49 for the night. You'll not find a nicer room for $49.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
We are glad you enjoyed our oversized rooms and loved the value per dollar and I will certainly let my staff see your wonderful comments about them. I hope you got to try the fresh fruit and juice as well during our breakfast the next morning.

Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here last week as a half-way point on our trip to Ohio to see family. We had our two dogs with us, and they were welcome. The room was clean, the A/C was cool, the beds were comfy, and the place was quiet. We will probably come back to the Red Roof Inn on our next trip to Ohio, especially if we have our dogs with us.

• Stayed August 2012
glad you had a peaceful stay and intend on using us again our town is a central location to most peoples destination. Enjoy your trip.