“Average for the price”

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
new jersey
“Average for the price”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stopped overnight on way to North Carolina. It was priced right. The continental breakfast was not good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
We are glad to hear that your stay was good and the price was right. We hope you also got to enjoy our fresh fruite and juice as well.

Russell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Hartsville, South Carolina
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Room was large, clean and had all of the amenities expected. Front desk staff was knowledgeable and helpful. Continental breakfast items were fresh and plentiful.

Room Tip: Request a room at the top of the hill. They are further from the highway and quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bob H
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Paid extra to get a 'suite' because all they had left were smoking rooms and that was a mistake. What we got was a larger lousy room. No coffee pot in room and to top that off, a non-existent breakfast service near the office as well. Property not very well maintained either. Cannot recommend this motel because of other choices in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TexasBaskets
Reviewed April 28, 2012

We booked a room here for a night's sleep midway through our drive back home from Florida to NY. The reviews were good and the price reasonable. Our experience...not so good. We got to our room and got settled in. After using the facilities, we discovered the toilet wasn't working...had to manually fluch it by filling tank with water using the ice bucket! Called the front desk. No answer. Went to the front desk and the nice enough clerk gave us a new room. Packed up. Went to the new room. Tested the facilities...they worked fine....but must have awoken the critters as we then noted a cockroach in the tub! Went to the front desk and checked out and went up the road to a Hampton Inn!

Room Tip: Stay some place else!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pwoc27
Pennington Gap, Virginia
Reviewed April 28, 2012

The room had all the basic ammenities you would expect for a budget hotel. It was clean, especially considering the hotel is pet friendly. There were no pet odors or pet hair in my room. The toilet and bath faucet dripped continuously, and there was soap residue in both the shower and vanity sink, which could have easily been wiped off during cleaning. Being that you enter rooms from the outside vs. an interior hallway, it was quite noisy with travelers constantly coming in for the night with the occasional car door slamming or dog barking. The continental breakfast is a small container that held about 10 muffins/pastries with coffee beside them. Overall, this hotel is what was expected for the price. It was basic accomodations for an overnight stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Ceres, Virginia
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This property used to be a Holiday Inn. It was clean, the room was quite nice even though older(many of the Red Roofs are going through remodeling. Think this one is in the near future). The continental breakfast was acceptable, not great but not terrible, the coffee and juice was 24 hr accessible. Staff was friendly. Prices are a little higher than other Red Roofs but the security and cleanliness of the property make up for the price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Brampton, Ontario
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I was returning from my trip to Florida (have condo's there) and I had to take my dog on this trip which I have never done before. I usually stay in North Carolina with relatives on way down and back but they were away. I knew that Wytheville was about half way (from Brampton, Ontario) so, I thought I would stop here and see who would take me with the dog. I have stayed in the Red Roof in Boston several times and liked it, so when I saw this location it was my first stop. The young girl at the front (Chelsea) was so nice. It was late at night and she took care of me fast and said she would give me a room away from others since I had the dog. I had not pre-booked but I did have a Red Roof RediCard which made it easier, and I even got a discount because I had CAA membership. I was hungry and made the mistake of leaving my dog in the room alone for a bit which he was unfamiliar with, but he rarely barks. Tried to get into the Mexican restaurant beside there but they stop service at 10:00pm so I went back to ask Chelsea where else I could go, so I ended up the road at Applebees. Came back to the dog barking and shaking. The hotel is convienient for the hiway and very easy off/on. The only problem I had was that it was a very cold night and the room was very cold and there were no extra blankets and the one on the bed was a short one and I never use the comforters as I know hotels don't wash often. Also, when I lifted my pillow there was a large bug on the pillow...was not sure what it was but I thought It was a cockroach until I thought later it was a bit too big to be one and they usually don't go on the bed. I was checking to ensure no signs of bed bugs but looked good. Someone mentioned some other kind of bug that is prominent in Virginia. I was so tired I just threw it out the door. Otherwise, it was clean. I was still okay with it...but did not sleep well all night. I would still recommend it to my customers as a mid way point as it was reasonable price and clean. Also, make sure you get internet info at the desk, I was so tired I could have called down but did not think about that, so I did not get to check my emails. Having the little bit of Tea/bun in the morning before continue driving was just enough to get me started. Thanks, Chealsea...you saved my night.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo