$98
Country Inn
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $114/night.

$67
$94
Comfort Inn(Wytheville)
$81
ComfortInn
Days Inn by Wyndham Wytheville(Wytheville)(Great Value!)
$58
Hotels.com
All reviewsbed and breakfastgracious hostsbreakfast was deliciousb bssteam showersouthern hospitalitythe main housegarden cottagepublic roomspastrylovely homeclaw footlocal historyfellow guestscurrent ownersmodern conveniencesa wonderful place to stay
Reviewed August 24, 2010

My husband and I just returned from Wytheville, Virginia where we spent 4 wonderful nights at the Trinkle Mansion Bed and Breakfast. In walking through the front door it appears that you are walking into a magazine. The pictures on their website do absolutely nothing for the true beauty of this amazing home. We stayed in the Wilder room. The room itself was large and beautiful but the bathroom was built for a King or Queen. It was huge. Once you get pass the overwhelming beauty of the home you realize that the homeowners, Pat and Bernie, are the definition of southern hospitality. They made us feel like we were family. Pat knows in such detail the history of the area. We could have listened to her for hours. She gave us suggestions on things to see in the area that we would have never uncovered on our own. The breakfast...I never knew what a 3-course breakfast was until we stayed here. Again, it was a breakfast fit for a King or Queen. I can't say enough good things about this place. It was well worth the 50 minute drive out of our way to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2010

We stumbled across Trinkle Mansion on an internet search for accommodation for our road trip from NYC to Memphis - I'm so glad we did.

We phoned ahead to book and Patti the owner was so friendly and helpful we couldn't wait to meet her.

After a long day in the car, we were greeted by Bernie (owner) and treated to a tour of the mansion, complete with history of original owner. The mansion itself is stunning, Bernie and Patti have lovingly restored it, the attention to detail is amazing. Depsite the place being ornately furnished and completely spotless, you immediately felt at home here at Trinkle.

This place is EVERYTHING we could have hoped for to experience true Southern Hospitality. The breakfast was awesome, Patti made me 'grits' as I didn't know what they were, everything was delightful, prepared fresh and served in the beautiful dining room.

If you're after a great place to stay with oodles of charm and great hospitality in a pretty town - don't miss Trinkle Mansion - it really is a beautiful place.

Check out my photo's.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2010

In the southwestern Virginia town of Wytheville, Patti and Bernie have created the perfect B&B. It starts with the massive Trinkle Mansion, lovingly restored and impeccably decorated by Patti and Bernie 5 years ago. As soon as we walked in, I thought, "this would be a fabulous place for a wedding or wedding reception." And sure enough, we learned it is both. The enormous foyer will make the guys want to stand at the bottom of the grand stairs, look up to the upper foyer, and declare, "frankly, My Dear, I don't give a damn!" But even fewer can resist the urge to stand in the upper foyer, look down, and begin a speech: "My fellow Americans... " There is a bright and airy sunroom, the leather furnished "men's parlor," a handsome "women's parlor," and a wonderfully cozy, wood paneled library on the first floor, plus the cheerful dining room. Beautiful chandeliers and carefully selected period antiques decorate the home. Upstairs are the upper parlor, a pleasant, large room with TV/DVD and open fridge (each bedroom has a smaller flat screen television as well), and 4 bedrooms (there is also a separate cottage that can be rented). The rooms are all quite spacious, and range from bright and cheery to dark and romantic in decor. Some have fireplaces, others enormous clawfoot tubs (some both), all are completely updated and contain full showers as well as tubs. There is a pleasant back balcony with a swing, and a wonderful side porch that is a great place to read, talk, or take a nap, and a long front porch where one can sit under the enormous Greek Revival pillars, rocking and watching the world go by. The linens are soft, the sheets thick egyptian cotton, the beds comfortable, the towels fluffy.

But the real benefits are the hosts. Patty and Bernie like being innkeepers and doing things right, so the attention to detail is superb. Coffee is available in the upstairs parlor early; breakfast is served on bone china. There is a written menu for the day's breakfast, with an up to date weather report. (And the breakfast is superb!) There are the chocolates at turn down, complimentary snacks and drinks in the upstairs parlor, DVD and book libraries that actually make you want to watch the movies and read the books. There are small books for bedroom reading on each nightstand, wi-fi throughout the house and porches, connections for i-pods in each room. Patty and Bernie are pleasant, friendly, available, but not overbearing or looking over one's shoulder. They are relaxed and laugh easily.

If there is any downside, it is only that Wytheville, while a nice town with some pride and history, is also a town a bit tired in appearance, without much to do or exceptionally pretty areas for walking. But it is in a beautiful part of the state. Certainly anyone making the north/south journeys on I-77 or I-81 should plan to stop here for the night; and you'd be hard pressed to do better if you're just looking for relaxing, lovely inn for a getaway weekend or small family reunion.

Simply... perfect.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Staying at the Trinkle Mansion was our first Bed and Breakfast experience and the only thing I'm worried about is that I will be disappointed in anywhere else I stay! The place is absolutely beautiful. We stayed on the way to a family reunion and liked it so much that we stayed again on our way home. Even though the place is museum like in the quality and look of things, it is still very relaxing and inviting. We spent the evening sitting on the side porched and enjoying the quiet comfort of the Virginia summer.
The breakfasts we had both mornings was as good as any 4 star restaurant. We enjoy good food and the Trinkle's breakfast is comparable with any we've had. The bathrooms are great too! Our's had a shower with body sprays and a steam (but since it was summer we didn't want to use the steam feature).
You will love this place!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2010

This is by far the best B&B I have ever stayed at - everything is 5 star - decor, service, food, linens, etc. etc. I will be returning for more than one night.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple