“Magnificent accomodations and heartwarming hospitality”

Trinkle Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Wytheville B&B and Inns
columbia illinois
“Magnificent accomodations and heartwarming hospitality”
Reviewed June 29, 2009

The comfort and beauty of Trinkle Mansion is permanently etched in my heart and mind. I've never stayed anywhere with more gorgeous, comfortable accommodations. From the magnificent furnishings throughout, to the porch swings on the balcony, to the colorful landscaping, this place took my breath away. Breakfasts were out of this world, and so filling that our group only ate two meals per day. The innkeepers, Patti and Bernie Pizinger, were gracious, kind, helpful, and fun. Don't miss this one if you're anywhere near the area. I'll visit Trinkle Mansion again, as soon as possible.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Chicago
Reviewed June 15, 2009

I purposely chose Trinkle Mansion because it was centrally located on a long road trip I was taking between Pittsburgh and Fort Lauderdale. It looked lovely from the website and reviews but I have been proven wrong on properties in the past. They also agreed to allow my well behaved 5 year old stay with me, ONLY in the cottage out back, which was fantastic! Let me tell you, their website doesn't even begin to represent how gorgeous this place is! I cannot say enough nice things about the owners or the property. The flowers on the grounds were so beautiful they looked artificial, but they weren't. The decor in the home and cottage were Architectural Digest quality. Breakfast was terrific, the air worked perfect, there was even Direct TV with a gazillion choices and a lovely swing on the porch. I cried when I left because I wanted to stay longer. I really want to go back. The only thing even remotely wrong was a refrigerator in the room needed a little interior cleaning and the windows were a bit dusty but how can you complain when everything else is so wonderful. There was also a basket of tasty chips/cookies and drinks in the fridge for when you needed a snack. Lovely towels, lighting, robes, slippers, great water pressure in the shower! I could go on and on, honestly.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Westhampton, New York
Reviewed May 27, 2009

I have stayed at numerous B&B's. The Trinkle Mansion Bed and Breakfast has impressed me beyond all others. The brochure is an understatement of the elegance and beauty. The food quality and presentation are superb. My wife and I will only stay at a Bed and Breakfast that is clean and well kept. This B&B surpasses our high standards. Plan your trip and/or go out of your way to stay at this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 26, 2009

We only stayed one night, but we had a great stay. The mansion was redone very nicely. Nothing too over the top and although it retained the look of a mansion, it managed to feel homey.

The rooms are very nicely decorated as well. We especially loved the beds, so high you had to jump up a little to get in.

Breakfast was very good and filling. We also had a great time talking to the owner.

The location is on the main street, so very close to anything in Wytheville.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
ohio
Reviewed May 14, 2009

We were thrilled to find the Trinkle Mansion Bed & Breakfast - easily the most elegantly restored, immaculate, and interesting B&B we've stayed in. The hosts are charming, breakfast was simply delicious, and the beds the most comfortable I've slept in, ever. The house and bedrooms are filled with exquisite antiques, but bathrooms meet totally up to date standards. We hope to return often, and will recommend it to all of our friends and family.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Cleveland
Reviewed April 21, 2009

What a great place to stay! The hospitality was unsurpassed. It was a pleasure simply to sit and enjoy the exquisitely restored historic Trinkle Mansion. We appreciated a wonderful breakfast that kindly and cheerfully took into account our dietary needs. We stayed one night on our way home from a long trip. Next time we will make this our destination so that we can fully enjoy the Mansion located in an incredibly beautiful part of the country, with its history and nature to explore. We look forward to relaxing again at the Inn, hopefully having another inspiring conversation with Patti and Bernie Pizenger in one of their inviting entry rooms. It is difficult to find the combination of such a beautiful place with hosts that make their guests feel fully at home. Check out their website, and all their terrific rooms, but keep in mind that it’s even lovelier in person.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed April 19, 2009

The Trinkle Mansion is the best Bed and Breakfast we have ever visited. We usually prefer luxury hotels but will stay in a Bed and Breakfast if it is the nicest place in the location. The Trinkle Mansion exceeded our expectations and that of our 16-year old (youngest age allowed). The Trinkle Mansion is wonderful experience. The rooms and amenities are 5*. Everything is thoughtfully done and exceptionally clean. You will not be disappointed. We stayed in the Rosemont and Monroe Suites.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family