“Great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 5 Wytheville B&B and Inns
sacramento, ca
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2008

We stayed at the mansion with our daughter and son-in-law on our way to Lexington, VA. Our hosts were wonderful. We toured the house and were given time to rest after a long plane flight. We were given recommendations for dinner, and were extremely happy with the recommendation given.
We enjoyed a quiet evening and a great night's sleep. Our breakfast the next morning was elegant and delicious. If you are ever in Wythville, I highly recommend visiting the Trinkle Mansion. You will not be dissapointed.

• Liked — Decor, food, our hosts
  • Disliked — I liked everything....
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Greenville,SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2008

We stayed at the Trinkle Mansion Bed and Breakfast during our daughter's graduation from Virginia Tech. We booked all four rooms for the event as we had the entire family there. We had a wonderful experience. Patti was willing and able to put up with all our requests and the beautiful setting and the wonderful food made the weekend quite memorable. My favorite part was gathering for coffee prior to breakfast each morning in the upstairs parlor when the family could get together before heading out for our hectic graduation schedule. We couldn't have had this wonderful family experience at a regular hotel!
The B&B was beautiful, perfectly clean, and who could ask for more than a six jet shower in the morning and a clawfoot bathtub in the evening! I plan to go back and this time I'm going to sit on the swing on the veranda and read a book!!!

• Liked — gorgeous facility
  • Disliked — every room is upstairs which did create a problem with luggage for older adults
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Littleton, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2008

My husband and I recently returned from a stay at the Trinkle Mansion. We were in town for the NASCAR race in Bristol, TN and were a little worried about staying in a B&B since we had not stayed at one before. Because all of the hotels were booked we decided to take a chance. We quickly found that our concerns were completely unfound. Patti and Bernie, the inn keepers, were so kind and quickly made us feel right at home. The house was breath taking. The love that they have for their home was evident in every detail.

Breakfast each morning was outstanding, the rooms were elegant, the house was beautiful and most importantly Bernie and Patti were the most gracious hosts.

We would highly recommend staying here and in fact, look forward to our next stay at Trinkle Mansion!

Pattie & Bernine - we hope to see you soon!

Dave & Keri

• Liked — The Inn Keepers
  • Disliked — Nothing - loved it all
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2008

We stayed at the Trinkle Inn overnight while returning home from vacation. It was a wonderful experience, and I would not hesitate to return. The property has been lovingly restored, and the hosts, Patti and Bernie, are very gracious. We are considering a possible return trip using the Trinkle as a meeting point for family from different areas. Recommended without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2008
huntsville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2008

Through the advice of other Canadian friends, we spent a stellar night at the Trinkle Mansion last week. For the utmost in care and service, you would be hard pressed to top Patti and Bernie's model. It is obviously their true calling. Every detail is top of the line, every possible need is taken care of, from an ipod dock to late night snacks to a wonderful steam shower to ease the day's travel aches. You are also invited to learn about the restoration of this treasured home from the innkeepers. Under a magnificent crystal chandelier, served on starched linens with fine china, breakfast was a sparkling adventure of fine cuisine, interesting conversation and food for thought for the day's drive as well as superbly fresh nourishment. A most wonderful experience, to be repeated we hope.

• Liked — sumptuousness and hospitality
  • Disliked — that it's so far from home and we can't come here more often!!!!!
mt. orab, ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2008

My husband and I stopped at the Virginia Welcome center off of I-77. The woman who worked there , named Bea suggested this place. She even called them to make reservations for us.
I would recommend Trinkle Mansion B&B. The owners are warm and friendly! The place is awesome and listed on the national register of historic places. Nice town to take a walk in, we even walked to dinner.

• Liked — the originality
  • Disliked — nothing
Aiken, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2008

My husband works in Arlington, VA but we live and I work in Aiken, SC. Airline tickets are high right now so my husband is limiting his airline travel. We decided to meet half way for a weekend get-away.
After I did online searches for a B&B on the coast and along I-77 and I-81 in the mountains. My husband and I are not cold weather people so I preferred the coast but I stopped searching when I found Trinkle Mansion B&B. I called the innkeeper, made a reservation, and prayed that the pictures I had seen had not been taken years ago immediately after remodeling the home.
My husband and I arrived and were greeted by Patti Pizinger, the innkeeper. As music played softly in the main areas of the home, she showed us around the entire mansion, instructed us on how to operate the steam shower in our bathroom, then freely gave more of her time to tell us of the mansion's early and recent history including the work involved in restoring it. I was in awe the entire time of our stay.
The online pictures alone don't do this house adequate justice. They may grab you to the point of booking a night, but the inn is so much more impressive in person. The finest of everything was used when furnishing this home, from the bedding ensembles, linens and towels to the dinnerware, Kohler bath fixtures, marble fireplaces and bathroom floors, antiques and finally the most brilliant, light catching, chandeliers I have ever seen that were imported from Austria, I think. In addition, our stay at this B&B came packaged with so much more than accommodations in a first class place. The entire weekend, we were spoiled by Patti and her husband Bernie. Robes, slippers, snacks, cold drinks, turn-down service, mints, and a three course breakfast were all provided and when my husband asked about their wine collection upstairs, we were immediately provided with two wine glasses and a corkscrew and told to take our pick.
We enjoyed our time in the town of Wytheville that is rich in history, beauty, shopping, recreation, and hospitable people. However, it is my guess that the town of Wytheville will quickly become most famous for the Trinkle Mansion B&B and its owners and innkeepers, Bernie & Patti Pizinger. They have a gift and I am in awe!!

Thanks for everything Bernie & Patti,