“Trinkle is the Best!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Wytheville B&B and Inns
Ohio
“Trinkle is the Best!”
Reviewed March 30, 2008

We stayed at the Trinkle Inn overnight while returning home from vacation. It was a wonderful experience, and I would not hesitate to return. The property has been lovingly restored, and the hosts, Patti and Bernie, are very gracious. We are considering a possible return trip using the Trinkle as a meeting point for family from different areas. Recommended without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2008
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
huntsville
Reviewed March 24, 2008

Through the advice of other Canadian friends, we spent a stellar night at the Trinkle Mansion last week. For the utmost in care and service, you would be hard pressed to top Patti and Bernie's model. It is obviously their true calling. Every detail is top of the line, every possible need is taken care of, from an ipod dock to late night snacks to a wonderful steam shower to ease the day's travel aches. You are also invited to learn about the restoration of this treasured home from the innkeepers. Under a magnificent crystal chandelier, served on starched linens with fine china, breakfast was a sparkling adventure of fine cuisine, interesting conversation and food for thought for the day's drive as well as superbly fresh nourishment. A most wonderful experience, to be repeated we hope.

• Liked — sumptuousness and hospitality
  • Disliked — that it's so far from home and we can't come here more often!!!!!
mt. orab, ohio
Reviewed March 16, 2008

My husband and I stopped at the Virginia Welcome center off of I-77. The woman who worked there , named Bea suggested this place. She even called them to make reservations for us.
I would recommend Trinkle Mansion B&B. The owners are warm and friendly! The place is awesome and listed on the national register of historic places. Nice town to take a walk in, we even walked to dinner.

• Liked — the originality
  • Disliked — nothing
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed March 10, 2008

My husband works in Arlington, VA but we live and I work in Aiken, SC. Airline tickets are high right now so my husband is limiting his airline travel. We decided to meet half way for a weekend get-away.
After I did online searches for a B&B on the coast and along I-77 and I-81 in the mountains. My husband and I are not cold weather people so I preferred the coast but I stopped searching when I found Trinkle Mansion B&B. I called the innkeeper, made a reservation, and prayed that the pictures I had seen had not been taken years ago immediately after remodeling the home.
My husband and I arrived and were greeted by Patti Pizinger, the innkeeper. As music played softly in the main areas of the home, she showed us around the entire mansion, instructed us on how to operate the steam shower in our bathroom, then freely gave more of her time to tell us of the mansion's early and recent history including the work involved in restoring it. I was in awe the entire time of our stay.
The online pictures alone don't do this house adequate justice. They may grab you to the point of booking a night, but the inn is so much more impressive in person. The finest of everything was used when furnishing this home, from the bedding ensembles, linens and towels to the dinnerware, Kohler bath fixtures, marble fireplaces and bathroom floors, antiques and finally the most brilliant, light catching, chandeliers I have ever seen that were imported from Austria, I think. In addition, our stay at this B&B came packaged with so much more than accommodations in a first class place. The entire weekend, we were spoiled by Patti and her husband Bernie. Robes, slippers, snacks, cold drinks, turn-down service, mints, and a three course breakfast were all provided and when my husband asked about their wine collection upstairs, we were immediately provided with two wine glasses and a corkscrew and told to take our pick.
We enjoyed our time in the town of Wytheville that is rich in history, beauty, shopping, recreation, and hospitable people. However, it is my guess that the town of Wytheville will quickly become most famous for the Trinkle Mansion B&B and its owners and innkeepers, Bernie & Patti Pizinger. They have a gift and I am in awe!!

Thanks for everything Bernie & Patti,
Lynn Marcantoni, Aiken, SC

Hassfurt
Reviewed February 6, 2008

The Trinkle Mansion is located in a really quiet area.
There is nothing missing in the rooms.
The hosts are a really heartily & likeable, and fulfill all your desires.
I never had a breakfast like there before in US.

greedings to Trinkle Mansion

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Richmond
Reviewed January 17, 2008

I had occasion to stay overnight at the Trinkle Mansion last week Friday. The innkeepers are a delightful couple who work hard to keep their accommodations in fine form for their guests. Visitors who have been raised in the South will feel right at home in the warm, gracious atmosphere that Patti and Bernie create. Visitors from other places will depart with the feeling that they have experienced honest-to-goodness Southern hospitality. I hope to make a return visit to Wytheville because my stay was such a pleasure.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
knoxville
Reviewed January 13, 2008

We have just returned from a 2 night stay and everything was Perfect. The B&B is magnificent and we have never experienced such incredible service before. Patti and Bernie are so guest focused with such attention to detail. The Home in on the historic registry (i think) but tis dose not mean things are old and not up to date for example the second you turn on the hot water you have it even though the home is old and majestic. Every inch of the home is so clean and classic. It is really a love for both Patti and Bernie and you can tell when it is a passion rather than a need. And as for the Breakfast it was excellent, Patti is a great cook, and I am real picky and she made me a special breakfast. This Was a Perfect Experience.

• Liked — the beauty of the b&b and the wonderful breakfast
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business