“Pleasant surprize”

Trinkle Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Wytheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 16, 2008

My husband and I stopped at the Virginia Welcome center off of I-77. The woman who worked there , named Bea suggested this place. She even called them to make reservations for us.
I would recommend Trinkle Mansion B&B. The owners are warm and friendly! The place is awesome and listed on the national register of historic places. Nice town to take a walk in, we even walked to dinner.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 10, 2008

My husband works in Arlington, VA but we live and I work in Aiken, SC. Airline tickets are high right now so my husband is limiting his airline travel. We decided to meet half way for a weekend get-away.
After I did online searches for a B&B on the coast and along I-77 and I-81 in the mountains. My husband and I are not cold weather people so I preferred the coast but I stopped searching when I found Trinkle Mansion B&B. I called the innkeeper, made a reservation, and prayed that the pictures I had seen had not been taken years ago immediately after remodeling the home.
My husband and I arrived and were greeted by Patti Pizinger, the innkeeper. As music played softly in the main areas of the home, she showed us around the entire mansion, instructed us on how to operate the steam shower in our bathroom, then freely gave more of her time to tell us of the mansion's early and recent history including the work involved in restoring it. I was in awe the entire time of our stay.
The online pictures alone don't do this house adequate justice. They may grab you to the point of booking a night, but the inn is so much more impressive in person. The finest of everything was used when furnishing this home, from the bedding ensembles, linens and towels to the dinnerware, Kohler bath fixtures, marble fireplaces and bathroom floors, antiques and finally the most brilliant, light catching, chandeliers I have ever seen that were imported from Austria, I think. In addition, our stay at this B&B came packaged with so much more than accommodations in a first class place. The entire weekend, we were spoiled by Patti and her husband Bernie. Robes, slippers, snacks, cold drinks, turn-down service, mints, and a three course breakfast were all provided and when my husband asked about their wine collection upstairs, we were immediately provided with two wine glasses and a corkscrew and told to take our pick.
We enjoyed our time in the town of Wytheville that is rich in history, beauty, shopping, recreation, and hospitable people. However, it is my guess that the town of Wytheville will quickly become most famous for the Trinkle Mansion B&B and its owners and innkeepers, Bernie & Patti Pizinger. They have a gift and I am in awe!!

Thanks for everything Bernie & Patti,
Lynn Marcantoni, Aiken, SC

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2008

The Trinkle Mansion is located in a really quiet area.
There is nothing missing in the rooms.
The hosts are a really heartily & likeable, and fulfill all your desires.
I never had a breakfast like there before in US.

greedings to Trinkle Mansion

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2008

I had occasion to stay overnight at the Trinkle Mansion last week Friday. The innkeepers are a delightful couple who work hard to keep their accommodations in fine form for their guests. Visitors who have been raised in the South will feel right at home in the warm, gracious atmosphere that Patti and Bernie create. Visitors from other places will depart with the feeling that they have experienced honest-to-goodness Southern hospitality. I hope to make a return visit to Wytheville because my stay was such a pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed January 13, 2008

We have just returned from a 2 night stay and everything was Perfect. The B&B is magnificent and we have never experienced such incredible service before. Patti and Bernie are so guest focused with such attention to detail. The Home in on the historic registry (i think) but tis dose not mean things are old and not up to date for example the second you turn on the hot water you have it even though the home is old and majestic. Every inch of the home is so clean and classic. It is really a love for both Patti and Bernie and you can tell when it is a passion rather than a need. And as for the Breakfast it was excellent, Patti is a great cook, and I am real picky and she made me a special breakfast. This Was a Perfect Experience.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank suzanneposton
Reviewed October 18, 2007

My husband and I had never been to the Wytheville area and weren't sure where to stay while there for a weekend. After looking at the Trinkle Mansion website, we knew we had to give it a try and are we ever glad we did. From the warm welcome and tour of the home given to us upon our arrival to the wonderful breakfasts and delightful company in the mornings (the stuffed french toast is almost sinful) to the warm good-bye we received upon our departure, we could not have asked for a better place to stay. The home is spacious and inviting, the rooms are beautifully decorated and comfortable, and the huge bathroom with the antique clawfoot tub was a special treat. Innkeeper Patti offered suggestions on what to do in the area when asked, but she and husband Bernie were never imposing. I would (and will) recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a relaxing place to stay in Southwestern Virginia. I know the next time we are in Wytheville, this is where we will be.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2007

The Trinkle Mansion is one of the most luxurious B&B's we have ever stayed in. The rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated. The common areas are outstanding, and there are many comfortable places to just sit back and relax.

However, what we found most appealing about the Mansion was the welcome of the inn keepers and their efforts to make us feel at home. We have stayed in some inns that were either so crowded with stuff that you had to be careful not to make a quick move or had warning signs all over the place concerning where you could sit and when to turn off the lights. We found none of that at the mansion. Of course, there were rules - no smoking and locking the front door etc., but the emphasis was always on making you feel safe and comfortable.

This exquisite home with its gracious inn keepers really becomes a home away from home. We look forward to our next stay. The Northways

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple