“Good restaurant”

Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in Wytheville
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We ate here on the first night of our 2 night stay in Wythville. We enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere so much that we returned there for our second night.

2  Thank ourevaluation123

Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Heading to WV from NC, Wrythesville was a great mid-point to stop for lunch and we are so glad we made the stop at The Log House. It is not a stop for a quick bite (even says so on the menu) but the kind where you relax and stay awhile. The atmosphere really is more than 5 stars! Neither of us wanted to leave. We really enjoyed wandering all around the restaurant... it goes on and on! Gift shops are really neat, ecclectic, beautiful items reasonably priced. The food was decent; we just had sandwiches. The prices were fair. The experience was amazing! We look forward to returning again!!!

1  Thank JenniferDixon
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

This place has great food and is a must see surprise. Make sure you take time to check out both floors of the main building, including the bar (even if you dont drink). Next know you are just getting started. See the multiple log buildings behind the restaurant. Great gift shops and quaint garden area complete with a rabit with its own house. Enjoy and God bless.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband and I were traveling from Indiana back home to NC from work, when we found this place. I always check out everything on trip advisory before we eat, get a room etc. When this restaurant came up and I read the reviews, we had to stop there. all the reviews were great and now I know why. This place was so relaxing, the oil lamps on the table were great...the staff was very friendly and attentive. The food was absolutely the best, I got the stuffed chicken with pecan sauce, stuffed squash and slaw, My husband had the catfish, slaw and green beans...he couldn't quit saying how good it was... If you are in this area, you must stop in, you won't regret it...

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Log House 1776 in Wytheville,Va was a wonderful ending to a recent road trip. Having pledged to stay away from fast food and chains ,this was a most welcome place. Interesting menu with historic overtones. We both had pork loin- I the chef;s choice- stuffed with apples and onions-my husband the southern pork with peppers. both very good. All the side vegetables sounded good- had the stuffed squash- very nice. The gift shop is surprisingly open when the restaurant is- which is til 10:00 pm. What a cool place- everything was unique and interesting. Must check out the gardens during the season- next time!

1  Thank sloanrc