“Great service...Good food!”

Ranked #2 of 62 Restaurants in Wytheville
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Who'd expect 5" of snow in April in Virginia? Not us! We ducked off the interstate at Wytheville to get a bite to eat and wait out the pelting ice and snow landing at The Log House. I don't remember what I had but I know I enjoyed it, the kindness of the wait staff and the friendliness of the other diners (there were only three tables of us the whole time we were there - the weather was so intimidating) over shadowed the food this meal - it was nice to be treated so warmly in such a nasty weather situation.
The place is an eclectic mix of history and hobby - don't miss it if you're driving by Wytheville.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went Friday night expecting a average meal based on the review. It was excellent. I had the ribeye with blue cheese and it was cooked just like I like it. My spouse had the filet and it was done very well. We had reservations but probably didn't need them as we arrived a bit early. I'm a big grilled and pride myself in good beef selections. They did a great job. Our waiter was fantastic. Truly enjoyed servings us dinner. Great to see young people be so genuine. After dinner we walked behind the restaurant and checked out a couple gift shops that were connected to the building. Very nice art work ,clothes and they were open as long as the restaurant was open. Pretty cool. We will return . The only negative would be that it's a rustic restaurant and could a bit more clean.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Slow and not very friendly service. Food below average, and expensive. The compound has some shops, also expensive and too common.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Fantastic restaurant located in a colonial log house. Excellent menu and food well prepared. Had a 50th Wedding Anniversary dinner there. Excellent service and everything went smoothly. Fantastic place to an intimate dinner with your mate. This is not a restaurant for children. Menu prices are above average for the Wytheville area, but the food and ambiance make it a worthwhile visit.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stopped over in Wytheville on our way north a few years ago. It was a cool early December night and we enjoyed sitting by the fire in the beautiful log cabin and enjoyed quite a delicious meal.
Our last visit was a real disappointment. I had to request a clean wine glass and the beef stew was literally a small plate of mashed potatoes with a scoop of beef stew. My husband literally had 3 pieces of beef on his plate.

1  Thank MegCanada