“On way home from NMB”

Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in Wytheville
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2012

When we asked the hotel worker where to eat that wasn't a chain. She suggested the Log House. She said it was a little pricey but it was well worth it!! My mom ordered a steak and ordered a chicken something and the steak was great.. It was also HUGE... We took it back to the hotel and snaked on it. It even made its way back to Ohio!! The log house was WONDERFUL!!!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The menu was a bit pricey, but the food was tasty and reflective of eras past. Not five-star quality, yet definitely in a line with the period atmosphere. You can share an entree for $1 additional, and enjoy some of the other items on the menu with what you save by eating that way.
They have some interesting wines, beers, and ciders. Desserts and appetizers are tempting.
Our service was excellent.
The gift shop is an eclectic mix of old and new that is worth a peek while you are there.
This restaurant is one you go to for the experience of it.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We dined there on our trip to Hilton Head and were pleasantly surprised to find a non chain restaurant in Wytheville. The house has several different rooms and they seated us in an alcove by ourselves, which was nice. We ordered the salmon in a herb sauce and my husband had one of his favourites, beef stew with herb mashed potatoes. Side orders, with a variety of veggies and rice, along with delicious bread completed the meal. There is a fairly extensive wine list as well. Don't forget to visit the gift shop, at the back of the restaurant, where there are lots of rooms filled with unique items.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Driving down to South Carolina, we often stop in Wytheville, VA for dinner or an overnight.
A few trips ago, we discovered the Log House.
A charming old colonial restaurant, where the building dates back to the colonial time. Many additions have been added.
Some of the best steaks and meats I have had anywhere
With excellent service.
We now include a stop at the Log House on our itinerary

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I can't give a very good review because they slammed the door in my face! After parking in front of the restaurant I stepped out of the car and heard a click. Wondering what that was I approached the establishment and grabbed the handle only to find that they had locked my mother and I out! After seeing a lady inside I politely knocked and was greeted with a dissaproving glance and a shrug!!!! I have never been treated like this at a restaurant before and I'm appalled!

1  Thank Alowens5896