“Very disappointed with quailty of food!”

Wohlfahrt Haus Dinner Theatre
Ranked #8 of 61 Restaurants in Wytheville
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
King, NC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disappointed with quailty of food!”
Reviewed December 12, 2009

From what I hear the dinner theater is great. Me and my wife just went to the lounge and had dinner. The German cuisine that they advertised on the website as being prepared by a "Chef" was nothing more than frozen pre packedged meals. Maybe the got that chef from Applebee's, I dont know. I am usually very easy to get along with but for over $20 per person I expected so much more!! So if you want to go to the bar they have a great selection of beer for a cheap price its a good place to go. But if you want to spend your money on over priced prepackaged food go to Applebees or Chillies and save yourself a few bucks!

1 Thank zsleftwich

dublin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A local's view of WHDT”
Reviewed September 5, 2008

I've been to several of the dinner shows. My favorite was Beauty and the Beast, which was simply amazing Disney-quality (remember, it was animated so they had an eraser if they didn't get it right the first time) on a stage right here in Appalachia, no eraser needed! For second place, I'm tied to choose between Annie Get Your Gun and the present performance we just saw at last night's opening night (September 2008 as I write this), Seven Brides for Seven Brothers - both with really frolicking fun dancing and gymnastics, lots of activity, and I can't figure for the life of me how they fit all that in on one stage! Terrific sets each time. The last two Christmas programs were quite touching and had lots of lively dancing. Meals are reasonably good, ambience and service are excellent, and the whole experience is great fun.

1 Thank farmfern
Columbia, South Carolina
“Nice view”
Reviewed June 12, 2006

Tried this place based on a review here and the guidebook mentions. Had a late dinner on their patio with views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The wait staff were very helpful and friendly. Though they were unfortunately out of their handmade Reuben Poppers, their German potato salad hopefully made up for it. I had the Cuban wrap, which was flavorful and filling. My partner had the Philly cheesesteak and was less satisfied with the flavor. You probably can't beat the beer selection, though, in Wytheville, so check the place out if that's what you're craving after being on the road all day.

3 Thank CosmoBohoSC