“Such a disappointment!!!”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I visited the Wohlfahrt Haus Dinner Theatre the weekend of April 6, 2014 and what Terrible Disappointment!!!!!!!! I must be honest, from the food to the performance I cannot give a positive comment!! This was weekend getaway I arranged for myself, Mother, and daughter... with a 4 hour drive I arranged for us to drive up on Saturday afternoon, stay the night and we had tickets for the Sunday show at 2pm. The tickets for the dinner theatre are $43 each, the food nor the entertainment was worth more than $10 in our opinion... The food was visually unappealing, the salad had brown and slimy green lettuce, the mixed vegetables were soggy, the roast beef was tender yet did not appear to be a true pure meat, and the mashed potatoes and gravy were lumpy with the entire dinner cold. The Pineapple Upside Down cake was overly sweet with almost NO Pineapple! The "show" was very lacking... singing out of tune, off key, poor stage set lacking color or interest. The costumes were boring, wrinkled, and either to tight or to big on the performers, who seemed to Not enjoy being there... Very Bad Experience!! We will not return...

4  Thank Margie S

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We just had a rockin' time at the Wohlfahrt Haus! We actually went to the Matterhorn lounge which is inside the restaurant and ordered the Gypsy Schnitzel and German potato salad and it was fantastic! We sat at the bar and drank some NC blackberry moonshine at the recommendation of Paul the bartender and wow! That stuff was good! Paul was a hoot and so were the other locals that we met that night! Soooo much fun and so friendly and open to two Ohio girls. I can't say enough about them and Paul even opened the Edelweiss giftshop so we could buy some Wohlfahrt stuff! We laughed the whole way back to the Buckeye state about our adventures! We love you Paul, Shane and David!!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I am always amazed at the good food and entertainment that this location provides. The Theater also is very charitable. They give a free food and xmas show to hundreds of needy families every year at xmas time.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Was a nice afternoon out. The show was ok food was average. relaxing atmosphere. Good service. Show was funny in parts. Music was good. It is worth a try a different show may have been more to our taste. Would try again.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I really enjoyed the Christmas show on December 20th. If you plan on seeing this show in 2014, my advice is to get your tickets early, because it is a sell-out. The food was good, also the play. The second half of the show was best. Nice dinner theatre.

1  Thank Louise L