“Server was great!”

Cuisines: American
Champaign, Illinois
“Server was great!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I thought our server was great and she did an excellent job! The food was average. The cleanliness could have been a little better though. I was kind of aggravated though towards the end of the stay because I told the cashier I wanted to leave a nice tip for the server and she said she would take it out of the money I handed her but then she handed me back all of my change. I repeated that I wanted to leave my server a tip and she replied that she would take it. I was already out the door when I realized that she had not taken out money for the tip. I went back in to put the money on the table when I saw the cashier. I again told her I wanted to leave our server a tip and she gave me all of my change back. The manager then asked me if the cashier had not taken money out for the tip and I replied that she hadn't and our server was really good and deserved a tip. The manager was not happy at all and finally took the money out for the tip.

Visited June 2013

Germantown
“Great service!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great place to stop and get some good home cooking in a pleasant atmosphere for not a lot of money! The staff and even the customers were warm and friendly, something my husband and I were not accustomed to since we live the Washington, DC area.

Visited May 2013
St Catharines
“Great Pancakes!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I had berry pancakes at Shoney's and let me tell you, it was awesome. The pancakes were huge and full of berries. I don't think they could have put in more berries than they did. I left the restaurant a very satisfied customer.

Visited May 2013
The Villages, Florida
“Tired and hungry”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

After 11 hours of driving we stopped for evening meal wanted something fast but not fast food. bbq cheeseburger fresh and homemade . Server was young and distracted but on the whole not bad/

Visited April 2013
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
“Breakfast Bar”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The breakfast bar not only had a lot of breakfast foods, including several kinds of meat on it, it also had salads and fruits. It was a great price - if I remember correctly only about $6.50. The only problem was the bacon (which I love) was way too salty. Yes, bacon is salty anyway, but whatever they did too this bacon made it way too salty - even for my husband.

Visited April 2013