“Good food, friendly service”
Review of Italian Garden

Italian Garden
Ranked #9 of 60 Restaurants in Wytheville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Athens, Ohio
“Good food, friendly service”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We arrived close to closing on a Sunday evening. We were the only customers at that time. Still, they were welcoming and friendly. The food was very good and the price was reasonable for all we ordered.

Visited July 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Very Good with reasonable expectations.”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Small town, Italian, full menu. Service was very cordial, owner was on site. The meal I had was very good, more than I could eat. Adding the side salad at a very minimal extra price was a good choice, well worth it. Remember, this is a small town, so one should not expect out of the world decor or a wait staff in pricey uniforms. If one is reasonable in their expectations, I think those expectations will be pleasantly exceeded. I would stop here again, without question.

• Visited October 2013
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“perfect like back home”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Went here recently for the first time in a few years. In pleased to report that it was as good as I remember it being.

Service and atmosphere are first rate. Definitely more romantic than places like le bernardin.

My starter was first rate. My main course was a salmon and was done perfectly but could have been a little more flavoursome.

In the end though - not enough to take away from a full five stars

Visited September 2013

• Visited September 2013
Orange City, Florida
“terrible”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I musty have eaten at a different Italian Garden in Wytheville…the one I ate at certainly would never earn a 4.5/5. Pizza was mediocre at best: bland sauce and I paid for extra cheese, but did not get it. Chicken Cacciatore was bland. My wife told the waitress she could not eat any pasta and was assured the chicken did not have any. It did: served with overcooked penne. The “parmesan” cheese did not even taste like cheese, much less parmesan. Torn vinyl covered worn out booth seats. Should have gone to the Pizza Hut across the street.

• Visited August 2013
North Palm Beach, Florida
“SHOULDA ORDERED THE PIZZA”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Saw that the Italian Garden was rated number one in Wytheville. Thought we should give it a try since I had a hankering for spaghetti with meat sauce. One of my criteria for rating an Italian restaurant is the quality of its meat sauce. This place failed. Sauce was overloaded with garlic and had a biting taste. Might go back for pizza, since apparently the number one rating is based on the quality of their pizza. I don't advise ordering anything else. Some good points - atmosphere was pleasant and the service was quite friendly. Just disappointed in the meat sauce.

• Visited September 2013