“perfect like back home”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Went here recently for the first time in a few years. In pleased to report that it was as good as I remember it being.

Service and atmosphere are first rate. Definitely more romantic than places like le bernardin.

My starter was first rate. My main course was a salmon and was done perfectly but could have been a little more flavoursome.

In the end though - not enough to take away from a full five stars

Visited September 2013

There are newer reviews for Italian Garden

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I musty have eaten at a different Italian Garden in Wytheville…the one I ate at certainly would never earn a 4.5/5. Pizza was mediocre at best: bland sauce and I paid for extra cheese, but did not get it. Chicken Cacciatore was bland. My wife told the waitress she could not eat any pasta and was assured the chicken did not have any. It did: served with overcooked penne. The “parmesan” cheese did not even taste like cheese, much less parmesan. Torn vinyl covered worn out booth seats. Should have gone to the Pizza Hut across the street.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Saw that the Italian Garden was rated number one in Wytheville. Thought we should give it a try since I had a hankering for spaghetti with meat sauce. One of my criteria for rating an Italian restaurant is the quality of its meat sauce. This place failed. Sauce was overloaded with garlic and had a biting taste. Might go back for pizza, since apparently the number one rating is based on the quality of their pizza. I don't advise ordering anything else. Some good points - atmosphere was pleasant and the service was quite friendly. Just disappointed in the meat sauce.

1  Thank HANCEJILL
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Traveling from WV and camped in the area - read the reviews for this restaurant and decided to give it a try. We were NOT DISAPPOINTED! Nothing extravagant, but it was so good, we went back the next night for seconds! This will become a regular stop for us from now on. Some of the best Italian food bar none, and the service was as exceptional as the food!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had a craving for pizza after being on the road all day and decided to try Italian Garden after reading the reviews . It was one of the best pizzas I've had in a very long time. We ordered the Greek specialty pizza and it was delicious... We didn't even leave any crusts!! Nice waitresses and comfy seats.