“How We Paid $51.16 For A Dried Out Omelette”
Review of Bob Evans

Bob Evans
Ranked #21 of 59 Restaurants in Wytheville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: store #0268
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“How We Paid $51.16 For A Dried Out Omelette”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Bob Evans Restaurant In Wytheville --- How We Paid $51.16 For A Dried Out Omelette 8/13/12
    Before I took this extended summer trip to the East Coast I’d never heard of Bob Evans, but now I wish for that same blissful ignorance. I’m always glad to try something new particularly in the way of a family restaurant, yet my first meal was a $9.99 3 course steak dinner special that wasn’t very tender. I thought maybe steak wasn’t their specialty. The second time I visited the restaurant I tried a chef’s salad. The turkey was tasteless, the ham almost nonexistent. Even the hard-boiled egg had seen better days. I thought maybe that was just deli food. That was in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and Winchester, Virginia respectively. But last night in Wytheville my husband and I ordered an omelette for dinner while my son ordered spaghetti. I thought they should be able to prepare that. It arrived all dried out on the outside. When I went to pay for it, the cashier was shocked when I didn’t leave a tip. I was shocked that he asked for one.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Linda C

Cleveland, Tennessee
“A little tired...”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stopped in with my children to eat after checking in at our hotel. I am not a complete germaphobe (my husband would disagree), but I was a little uneasy when the host told my kids to "pick out any color of menu and straw" they wanted. (Typically, a BE kids menu is folded with a twisty staw stuck inside of it.) Being a former teacher, I KNOW how kids pick one, change their mind, put it back and pick another. Needless to say, my kids didn't use the bendy straws. We arrived at our table which had several pools/drips of honey on it with the honey jar still present. The host didn't notice this, so we had to ask for the table to be wiped down. The remainder of our meal was fine. Typical BE food & quality. Service was great. I just felt like they were a little lax in the cleaning. It is an older place, so maybe that's why some cleanliness issues stood out.

• Visited November 2012
Syracuse, New York
“Typically Good Bob Evans”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Ended up stopping here for dinner after going to the Shoney's across the street (yes, Shoney's was bad). Anyways, the staff was friendly and helpful at Bob Evans. The meal was delicious, as was the dessert. The restaurant itself is dated (the hostess said that they are slated to have a remodel in October of 2013), but the view, from a hillside in VA is as gorgeous as I've ever seen at a restaurant. I have yet to be disappointed when choosing a Bob Evans.

• Visited October 2012
Vienna, Ohio
“WORST SERVICE EVER”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

we waited over a half hour for our food. i've never had that at any resturant ever. the tables were filthy. but they did appoligize and didn't make us pay for the meal.

• Visited October 2012
Ohio
“Terrible service!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Waiter was MIA for most of our meal. Twice had to ask the hostess for assistance with refills and ordering desert. Restaurant was freezing and food was only warm. Definately not up to bob evans standards.

Visited August 2012