“Wonderful”

Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We had another great stay at this beautiful hotel. Sparkling clean, lovely breakfast. The desk clerk at checkout was able to help us with directions for car repairs at checkout. So many anymore have no clue how to give directions to anyplace. This HI Express is one of our favorites.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Anita T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear wpatravelers, we are pleased to know that your recent stay with us was satisfying...AGAIN!! As always, we value our guest comments and appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Being a return guest allows you and the others to see what consistent customer service we offer each of our guests...and if we are wrong...we will make it right :) Thanks again for the review and being a returned guest! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We have stayed at Holiday Inn Express in many locations. I don't think we will return to this one! This fairly new Holiday Inn Express had paper thin walls, a bathroom ceiling fan that sounded like a jet plane engine, somewhat rude staff, also never offered the guest bag for being a IHG member, the room was dirty with food and dust debris, the internet was slow, the breakfast was slim, and to top it all, trains pass through in the night! Yikes! Not such a good review, yet I think you need to know.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gina44011
Anita T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear guest, I send my deepest apologies that your recent stay with us was not at all what you expected. Please know that we are currently replacing all the bathroom exhaust fans and boy what a difference they are making! In regards to the guest bag for being an IHG member, we have not received the complete kit to be able to offer this to our members. We are anticipating, at any time, the rest of the shipment as becomes available for our area. The "somewhat rude staff" and dirty room with food and dust debris is not a typical complaint for our hotel so I regret that this is something that you experienced here. We were having internet trouble and the front desk were working with our internet provider to remedy the problem as quickly as possible. We do have a train behind our hotel a ways that occasionally passes and we understand that it can be alarming for some guests :( Thank you for bringing your comments to our attention. It helps us to focus on the things we need to improve on. We hope that you will reconsider staying with us again and if there is anything that we can do to make your decision easier please let us know. Thanks again :)

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

My son and I stopped by here late one night on our way to Indiana, and I was pleasantly surprised by the clean and safe vibe of the hotel parking lot as well as the lobby and rooms. The silver lining was that this hotel gives the government rate ($89) for those with a government ID.

• Stayed: February 2014
Anita T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear guest, we are pleased to know that your recent stay with us was overall satisfying. We do offer a variety of rates in order to fit each of our guest needs. With that being said, proper document(s) do need to be presented upon arrival depending on the situation so that we can continue to provide these rates. We are always looking for ways to better serve our guests and providing a variety of options for them. We value our guest comments and appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We hope to see you again :)

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Very nice property. The morning front desk staff could use a little training in people skills. I addressed them with a good morning and received not even a nod of acknowledgment. This is very unusual for a HIE property. I have stayed in many of these and the staff are always extra friendly. But on the plus and this is a big plus to those of us who are "road warriors"... there are real cups, plates and silverware on the breakfast buffet. It is so nice to have that morning cup of coffee in a real cup.
A little hard to find, but all in all a nice stay. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Anita T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Dear guest, thank you so much for giving us your feedback regarding our hotel. I send my apologies for not being greeted by our front desk staff. Please know that this is not usual coming from our hotel staff. By looking at our other reviews this is one of the things that make us stand out from the rest: clean, comfortable and friendly staff. I hope this experience will not reflect your decision on Holiday Inn Express being your hotel of choice. We all have the same goal in mind, and that is to provide top notch customer service to each of our guests. Thank you for bringing this to my attention as it helps us to see where we need to improve.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed here on our way to Orlando. The Hotel was very inviting with a nice sitting area with a fireplace. They have a nice breakfast area and indoor pool. There are plenty of restaurants close by as well. The staff was friendly and helpful. We will make this hotel a regular stop when we drive south.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BobK542
Anita T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear guest, we are pleased that your overall stay with us was satisfying. We value our guest comments and appreciate you taking a moment to let us know how we are doing. We hope that you will be back to see us. Thanks again!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed overnight traveling home from Orlando. The hotel was well furnished and very clean. Despite some of the other reviews, we did not have any difficulty finding the hotel. The hotel was very convenient to the off ramp and had many nearby restaurant choices. I depend on my hotel selections from tripadvisor reviews and I must say the reviewers had many things correct. The fans in the bathroom are very loud and the elevator was freezing. That aside, the hotel was clean and the staff were professional. The pool and hot tub were great and the breakfast was substantial and the coffee was very good. The temperature in the room was somewhat difficult to adjust but we were able to figure it out eventually. The beds were very comfortable and we slept well. I would definitely consider this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank nik2534
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear nik2534,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback about your recent visit. It is nice to know that our location was of convenience to your needs and you found our bed accommodations to be comfortable.

Please see us soon if your travels bring you back to the area!

Kind Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 31, 2014

This hotel is super clean, very new and had great coffee. Like many of the reviewers we had difficulty despite all the directions- but my husband is a natural navigator and found it eventually. I was really anticipating staying here because of the reviews raving about the beds and cinnamon buns. The clerk thanked me for being a club member.
There was free wifi and a very clean room. The lobby is small but beautiful but we won't stay here again on our way to Florida from the north.

I knew the fans were loud thanks to all the reviews. When booking I thought how loud can it be? It is so loud. I can't believe corporate for H I cut corners with a fan with so many decibals. -I pondered what appliance it sounded like but could only say it was like a small generator. Well it is so loud I shut off the light (no separate control) and brought the lamp from the bedroom into the bathroom-perfect lighting without the noise.
My husband wanted to be frugal and stay at a motel 6 but I send no, so when I tried to take a bath and ran out of hot water at night-I didn't tell him. I kept refilling the tub and it would start out hot, then come out luke warm. I never even used cold water- just straight hot out of the tap and it was just an ok temp. So I didn't linger and then I had to put the lamp back.

The bed was firmer than I like but that is my personal preference- the linens were very clean and the tv was a large flat screen- everything new. Many places to plug in electronics.

In the morning my hubby took a shower and came out complaining the water wasn't hot. He only washed half his body! This a man who lives ruggedly. That's when I admitted my experience with the water temperature the night before.
The morning breakfast was ok. Delicious coffee. While I drank, my husband took a cinnamon roll from the case with the bagels and when he bit into it the crunch was so loud you could hear it several tables over. I took mine from a warming case and it was soft and gooey good so take one from that case. The rest of the options were ok. Typical cereal and rounds of scrambled eggs like little discs. I didn't taste them.
The last negative was the coldest elevators I have ever been in- and I live in the north east! I can't imagine using the hot tub and then riding up in that elevator. I wondered if there is a thermometer app that's how cold it was.
I haven't seen any other reviews that mentioned the water temp. We did tell the desk at check out and they were apologetic but we will try somewhere else next time and skip the buns.

Room Tip: I asked for a room with a view. The view was of the parking lot and behind it a nice mountain raing...