“What a Relief!”

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“What a Relief!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

This hotel was new to me and the night before I had an unpleasant experience. This was the last night of a 2 1/2 day drive from New Hampshire to Tennessee. I was tired, it was raining, cold and dark by the time I reached the hotel. The entrance has a portico to shelter people while they load /unload. The lobby is bright and warm. The desk clerk was also bright and warm. The staff is very helpful and concerned with your comfort. The room was easily reached by elevator. The room was very clean and very pretty. The TV was large and new. There's an easy chair with ottomon. The bed was a pillow top king size that was SO-O-O comfortable after a 7 hour drive! The bathroom was large, pretty and very clean. There is a Shony's a block down the street where I had a nice supper. The next morning, I was given easy directions to a Cracker Barrel just down the street. This was a wonderful experience after a week of exhaustive driving.

Room Tip: Just let them know what you need when you reserve the room. If you use an online agency to reserve t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Anita T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you so much for the review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. As always, we strive to provide each of our guest a clean, comfortable room with a warm and friendly welcoming. It is good to know that we provided you a pleasurable stay after your week of exhaustive driving. We look forward to seeing you again. Thanks :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Definitely worth it to pay a few dollars extra to stay at this top notch small hotel as we travelled down Highway 77 last week. The most important thing to help one get to sleep quickly after a long drive is a friendly welcome at the late-night desk, a very clean and comfortable room, and quiet. This hotel delivered all. The hotel is tricky to find late at night and we had trouble even though we were prepared. I advise a cell phone call to the hotel just before you enter Wytheville as the town is situated at the junction of two highways and the map we had wasn't helpful. We wasted about 25 minutes late at night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Anita T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you so much for the review! It is always a pleasure to hear that we have delivered yet another guest with friendly service and a clean, comfortable room. I do regret that you had trouble locating us late at night but do encourage anyone having trouble finding us to call the hotel and our front desk would be glad to direct you to the hotel. Thanks again!
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

This could be the cleanest hotel where I have ever stayed. We stayed in room 217 an executive room. It was worth a few extra dollars to have a larger room with a couch to sit on while watching tv. We were by the elevator but didn't notice much noise. The lighting is very good and the bathroom actually has a fan. This is nice to keep the bathroom from fogging up and extra sleeping noise at night. The hotel being at the end of the road is also nice to add to the quietness. Check out the German bar and restaurant across the street. Very short walk!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed the hotel. We strive to provide clean, comfortable rooms for each of our guests as well as amenities that would make your stay more convenient. We hope to see you again in your future travels:) Thanks again!
Warren, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was a wonderful holiday inn express, right off the Interstate. The hotel itself is beautiful, inside and out with big, comfy rooms, spotlessly clean. The breakfast was more than adequate to get us on the road again early in the morning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wpatravelers
Anita T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you so very much for the review! We are so pleased that you found our hotel to be beautiful and convenient. We strive to provide clean, comfortable rooms for our guests as well as a hot, delicious breakfast before getting back on the road. We look forward to your visit again! Thank you :)
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

What a gem! From a warm welcome at arrival to a lovely, CLEAN, spacious room, we were delighted to be here! Breakfast was great-- even a step up from other HIExpress hotels. I love having real plates and bowls rather than styrofoam! Location is close to a great local Mexican restaurant, which was recommended when we checked in and asked about god places to eat. All in all, we hope to stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank seafoodfoodie
Anita T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words! We are so very excited that your visit with us was such a delighted one :) I will be sure to pass on your review to rest of the staff. We will look forward to your next visit to the Holiday Inn Express Wytheville, VA. Thanks again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I was recently passing through Wytheville on my way to North Carolina. I usually try to stay at Holiday Inn properties as I have never had a bad experience. This hotel was absolutely wonderful! Everything was fresh and new, the place was clean, warm and inviting! I felt the room was very well priced for the amenities it offered, the staff were also quite helpful and very friendly! I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in this area.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Anita T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you so much for the review! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us :) We are very dedicated to providing each of our guests a clean, comfortable stay at a reasonable price. I will be sure to pass along the positive comments from you to the rest of the staff. Thanks again!
Monterey, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here while traveling to visit family. It was the first time we had done a long road trip without my husband and needless to say, this hotel was a welcome sight. The hotel itself is beautiful inside and out. The lobby was very inviting and the room was quite comfortable. Upon arriving (again, i was alone with my toddler) we had to wait to check in because no one was at the front desk. After our 8 hour drive, this was a bit off-putting....after about a five minute wait, a girl finally appeared and checked us in - she was extremely helpful in explaining where the nearest restaurants could be found. Our room was large, comfortable and clean. The fitness facility, however, left much to be desired. The treadmill was broken, but even so, it was a puny cheap little thing. It was large enough that I could park my daughter's stroller in there without hindering anyone else's ability to workout, but the equipment was so awful that we only stayed in there for about 15 minutes. The breakfast was one of THE best continental breakfasts I have ever had. The staff was constantly checking the food trays, cleaning the counter spaces, and refilling/restocking refrigerated items. Besides the fitness facility, my only other complaint about this hotel is its location. It is oddly situated and a bit confusing to get to - you have to drive through a maze of other hotels and restaurants, but upon leaving, I found that the Interstate was easily accessible.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Anita T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you so much for the review! I appreciate you letting us know the positive things as well as the negative. I sincerely apologize for the extended wait to be checked in but please know that we like for each of our arriving guests to be handled promptly and courteously. Front desk agents are also responsible for inhouse guest requests which at times the agent must step away from the desk momentarily. I am pleased to hear that the breakfast ladies were adamant on stocking the items and keeping a neat and clean breakfast environment for our guests. I am sorry that you feel the fitness facility was cheap and I will pass that feedback along to the higher in command. As far as the signage, we have been working continuously on adding new signs so hopefully when you return to the area we will be easily seen and found! Thanks again for the review!