“Not for the pampered!”
Review of Motel 6 Wytheville

Motel 6 Wytheville
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Reviewed July 7, 2009

My husband never passes up a good deal. And he was quite okay with this place, but I may be a tad too picky! Our unit was clean (I'll give it that!), the bed was soft but not uncomfortable, the bathroom area floor squeaked and the toilet wouldn't flush! Good thing my husband is handy! No phone or clock in room! I have to say that it is situated in a lovely area of pines and is quite private from the highway. Such a dichotomy!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 29, 2009

Stayed one night whilst travelling to Nashville and it was only £25.00 so ideal. The motel is obviously well used so is a bit shabby but the room was clean. We had a good breakfast at the 'Shoney's Diner' which is about 400 yards away. For a one night stay it is fine.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2009

I stayed here in the fall, and thought about staying at one of the other hotels in the area but for $33 for a few hours sleep it seemed silly to spend more.

I got a different room across from the lobby this time. Carpet was cleaner. The bathroom door was warped so would not close all the way. The shower was clean, the bed sheets are old but clean. The towels are very thin and if you have more than one in your party you may need to ask for extras. I had the king room and its Huge. The pillows are pretty thin and old.

The one problem I had was someone checked into the room next door at 1:30 AM, they tried to be quiet, but you can still hear people moving around, the TV, etc. Then they started smoking.... I was in a non smoking room, but it had one of those adjoining room doors, which was locked, but I had to put a towel at the bottom of the door to try to stop the smoke, really didn't help though. When I checked out I mentioned that the people next to me were smoking in a non smoking room - and the clerk said it had been changed to a smoking room - ugh!! I mentioned that the smoke comes right through the walls and adjoining door!

Its a very old hotel, they try to keep it as clean as possible, but it shows its age. I think I will spend a bit more next time to stay somewhere else.

Also the free coffee is not available until after 6 am

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 2, 2008

My husband and I were very grateful for the great service and the comfortable, extremely clean room we found at the Motel 6 in Wytheville, VA. We were heading back from Pittsburgh to Atlanta.

The value for the money at this hotel is spectacular. It was a very great contrast to the Econolodge we stayed at in Bristol VA last week on the way north. The rooms were almost the same price, but the Motel 6 was bright, well-maintained, and had nice carpeting. It was also extremely clean, which, regretfully was not the case at the Econolodge.

It’s clear the staff here take pride in their business. It's simple accomodations (no coffee maker or fridge) but I prefer simple and CLEAN to dirty with frills.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2008

Our golf group stopped here for a night on the way to Myrtle Beach, SC. For 10 guys looking for a place to sleep for 7 hours this was perfect and the price was right. Check-in through the glass partition was easy. We got our room keys, went to our rooms and went to sleep. In the morning we hit Bob Evans for breakfast which was awesome. I was hungry so I had some bacon and eggs and an order of their caramel-apple pancakes - everything was scrumptous. A great stop-over for us and it will be in the future as well.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 7, 2008

We have stayed at the Wytheville Motel 6 on several occasions on trips East. This is one of the nicest Motel 6 of our trips.
All of the rooms are at ground level and well furnished and larger than the average Motel 6. Also a complete tub-shower combination rather than the usual small showers in most Motel 6. A quiet location on the top of a small hill in a grove of pine trees. Didn't try the pool as it was a bit cool during our stay, but the pool looked very clean. Lots of restaurants close by, including a Shoney's across the street. Only flaw was that the paving leading to the motel was a bit rough and needed resurfacing. A large group of motorcyclist were also staying here and a little noise from them in the morning, but they were soon on their way. Good "base camp" also for trips along the Blue Ridge Parkway, Natural Bridge, etc.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2006

We stayed one night. We chose Motel 6 because they're pet friendly. It was pretty much what we expected. Very basic accomodations. Front desk staff not very friendly as she refused our request for more towels, probably just having a bad night. We would try it again.

• Stayed: March 2006