“Stopped on way to Disney”
Review of Motel 6 Wytheville

Motel 6 Wytheville
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stopped here a couple weeks before Christmas, on our way to Disney World. It was dark when we arrived and still dark the morning that we left. For four (4) of us, it was a good place to crash for the night. I was a bit taken back with the "new" concept for the rooms. Looks like Motel 6 is going for a more "yuppie" look. Gone was the carpet and it was replaced with a wicker looking floor. Gone was the basic table and chairs and that was replaced with a small table and padded bench. I would say the beds were decent and the hotel was easy access off of the interstate.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank garchr
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Wytheville

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed at Motel 6 Wytheville twice during our travel to TN - going and returning. The room was very clean, the beds were comfortable, and the appliances worked well. It was a quiet location. The Internet connection in the room was good. Its convenience to the highway was a huge plus. During our first stay we brought to the attention of the staff a minor issue with the toilet. On our return stay, in the same room, the issue had been resolved. We'd highly recommend this location to other travelers as a convenient, comfortable, affordable, clean facility.
Note: The driveway is very steep which would not work for travelers with a trailer.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Easy check-in, the room was old, but fine. Room 108 had a microwave & fridge, fairly unusual at the Motel 6 chain. The bathroom was showing its age, but everything was clean and tidy. Spoke to reception as I looked for 'flyers' - asked was there anything in the area worth visiting - sadly the answer was "nothing". So we only stayed one night. After the last very noisy motel it was a pleasure to have a quiet evening and nights sleep

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stopped here on the way from Ohio to Atlanta. Perfect for an overnight stop with dogs. Pet friendly clean rooms...and the rooms were retro style. Really havent seen anything like them! Not a lot of space to walk the dogs, but was only here for one night so it was fine. Be sure to eat at the local mexican place down over the hill. This hotel is great for a clean, quiet, and budget friendly stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Because I travel with my dog, and because I resent having to pay extra for her, which I would have to at most other chains, I stay at a lot of Motel 6s, which does not charge a pet fee. I have stayed at the good, the bad, and the ugly, (and a few VERY good) in the Motel 6 chain, and this one I would rate as "good enough." I think I was relegated to a "dog" room because, while some of the Motel 6 upgrades HAD been done (new beds, décor, TV), the floor still had the old, dirty, stained, carpet of the pre-renovated days. NOTE TO OWNER---YOU WANT TO PUT DOGS IN A ROOM WITH A VINAL FLOOR SO IT CAN BE MORE EASILY CLEANED!!! The upgrades were rendered a little less effective because the floor had obviously been stained by dogs (not mine!!!), and smelled pretty badly. Maybe the upgrades are on going, and eventually all the rooms will have the renovations. It sort of appeared that they were working on it. However, this noted, the room, except for the carpet, was clean enough, the beds were comfortable, there were no bugs in them, and there was green space to walk the dog. It was also cheap. Many restaurants within walking distance, too. I would stay here again, but I would request a room with the new flooring.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The last time we stayed here, very run down and old. This time, newly renovated, clean, smelled good. Good water pressure and plenty of hot water. Only complaint - shower head height was more suited for 5 foot person than for me at 6 feet. Very nice stay - would not hesitate to stay again. Much better than Econolodge, next door.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I made my reservation online, so I knew I would have a room when I got there. Before taxes, the room was only $32. Check in was quick and I went right to my room. It was apparent that the room was recently renovated. Bright colors and modular furniture was nice and the room appeared clean everywhere I looked. Unlike another reviewer, I like the change to laminate flooring. It seems much cleaner than carpeting. I had a king sized bed, which was only average in terms of comfort, but I slept fine. The wifi was easy to hook up to and of an acceptable speed. I was up early and after a hot shower, out the door. The room was exactly what I needed. Just a place to get some sleep and get back on the road at a value price. It should be noted that this property is a little tricky to find when you get off the interstate in the dark.

Room Tip: This is a one story property, so all rooms are probably similar.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo