“Nasty.”

Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Baltimore
“Nasty.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

WYTHEVILLE Motel 6 -- AVOID.
Toilet sticky. Floor sticky. Water to toilet was turned off, so toilet was obviously never cleaned. Grass in floor, so apparently never vacuumed. Bits of soap in shower from previous guest. Oh, and of course the toilet shut-off valve was turned off in the first place because the toilet runs.
For the bargain-basement price, I expect very little - but I do expect a sanitary room without known maintenance problems.

Room Tip: Choose a room in Harrisonburg's Motel 6 instead! I stayed there the week before. Nothing special...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

I asked for a non-smoking room, it smelled like an ashtray. Honestly, the cleanliness and condition of this motel is beyond help - it needs to be shut down. We found dried mucus (bugers) in the sheets and we were unable to fall asleep because we were bitten by fleas all night long. The room was also about 90 degrees when we arrived, even though we made a reservation they couldn't pre-cool the room for us. So we had to wait 2 hours for the temperature to be comfortable enough to fall asleep. IT was so dirty we didn't even take a shower. And there was a door to an adjoining room that did not have a secure lock, and there was a crack in the door so we could see light coming from the room next to us. And to top it off we had to pay over $50 dollars to stay in this dump. I will never trust Motel 6 again and I am going to warn all my friends. I think this location should be shut down, it is a hazard to anyone who makes the mistake of staying there - everything from safety to cleanliness to comfort is at stake and you won't get a good night sleep there. I want my money back!

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

This is one creepy motel. We made the mistake of staying here when there was a Nascar event in a nearby town (30 minutes away), so we had to pay rack rate of $100/room. Our room was supposed to be non-smoking and it smelled like an ashtray, staff did move us willingly. In my kids room there was a gap in the door large enough and several large bugs decided to share the room with us. They also found a "baggy with questionable contents along with a condom. The blankets were circa 1960 probably about the time this place was built. All in all not an expensive creepy experience.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

The Motel Six chain prides itself on low-cost lodging due to minimal amenities, and this motel is no exception. At an interstate exit with several budget lodging choices, this one was the least expensive, even after the added cost for a second person ($5) and wi-fi internet access ($3). Grand total cost for two people for one night, even with all surcharges and taxes, was $40. The room was typically spartan, with full bath, air conditioning, free parking, phone, and 20 channel cable TV. It was clean, well maintained, and surprisingly quiet for being so close to the interstate. All rooms are ground floor and open to the parking lot -- useful if you have a lot of luggage. The motel's pool was closed for the winter. Staff was polite and professional. A large chain restaurant was adjacent, and several others were nearby. The entrance to the motel was up a steep drive-way, and had a warning that towed vehicles were not allowed -- beware on icy nights or if you are driving a large vehicle.

If you just need a roof over your head for the night, this place is as good as any other; and costs less even with its extra charges.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RabePaul
Waterford, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2010

I did not stay after being chased from the parking lot by the manager. I was planning to sty at Motel6 for the night but was meeting a friend before we checked in. We were chatting in the parking lot when the manager came out and ran us off. We told him we were going to check in but he continued to scream at us and told us to leave or he was calling the police. We did leave and found another motel who allowed us to talk to our friend. I will NEVER stay at the Motel6 in Wytheville VA again and it's made me rethink about staying at Motel6 at all. I show dogs and have always stayed at Motel6 but RedRoof is now my choice..........We called Motel6 Customer service who promised to get back to us but we have never heard a word from them again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2010

we have been coming here for over 20 years staying at motel6 each time and this weekend labor day every year for flea market and gun show but never again room had 2 roachs we seen and killed , card for door would not work 2nd door for our room or my sister's room,staff wasrude and acted as if i shouldn't be upset.parking lot has so many ruts and in need of repair.maid service came on 2nd day put sheets blanket on bed no comforter never cleaned floor in bathroom still had dead bug on floor. the staff never said sorry for problems.we willnever stay here again. For 20 plus years to this is very depressing and sad. they really need to get back making customer feel they care. NEVER AGAIN MOTEL 6 AND YOUR NASTYSEPT. 4TH 2010 DESK PERSON

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

We were driving from Florida and stopped here for a decent night's sleep. As soon as we walked into our room, you could smell the cigarette smoke. The bathroom was dingy and the shower disgusting. I decided though I just would not shower in the morning....just as long as I could sleep. The bedding was old, but when I pulled down the blankets and saw a few hairs in the bed...that was it for me. We left immediately. I will never stop here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family