We ended up booking this hotel after enduring almost 3 hours of a 24 mile long traffic jam on I-77 heading north. We were traveling from NC to PA and originally had planned to stay in Charleston WV. We used our cell phone to search for hotels in the area and because of our experience with Best Western in the past, decided to get a room @ the BW in Wytheville for the night. Our GPS originally took us the wrong way on Nye Rd, but there was a Best Western sign that directed us to the hotel correctly. The hotel is off of the interstate in a nicely wooded area with little traffic noise. My initial impression upon drive up to the hotel was that it was a bit run down. But sometimes exteriors hide quite nice interiors.
The man at the front desk was friendly and accommodating. The lobby was rustic and actually quite inviting. The room, however, was a different story. Upon entering the room, which was labeled "non-smoking," you could smell a slightly stale cigarette smell. I noticed that the rooms across the hall were not labeled as such, so maybe that's from where the smell was coming. The room was clean enough, but you could tell that it had not been vacuumed. There were cobwebs in the corners and crumbs on the top of the microwave. I always remove the cover blankets on the beds (in those hotels that still use them) since they aren't always washed. I checked the sheets and they seemed clean enough. There were a few hairs, but I just attributed them to being washed with towels, etc. since they smelled clean. The pillows were comfortable. The box springs were not covered at all. I found that a little gross, as there was some staining (brownish drips of some sort) on one of the bed's box spring mattress. I liked the fact that there was a fridge in the room. But upon opening the fridge, my husband found a Styrofoam container with chicken tenders inside. Obviously not ours! The shower head was nice and the water was hot. The hot and cold were reversed in the shower, so they decided to label the "cold" side with a "C" written on a white piece of paper and taped onto the faucet with a piece of scotch tape. The red heat lamp was a nice "old school" addition. The coffeemaker was on the bathroom sink. Too bad there was someone else's old coffee still in the pot! Yuck! We were happy to get back on the road in the morning. My husband mentioned the chicken and the coffee to the woman at the front desk upon checkout and she apologized and said that they were training new cleaning staff. Either way, we don't intend to stay at this location again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Inn Wytheville. Wake up to a great day at our hotel in Wytheville, VA. Enjoy a gorgeous sunrise over the mountains and a delicious complimentary breakfast. For business, our free high-speed Internet access keeps you connected. For pleasure, the outdoor pool is a great way to relax in the afternoon. Best of all, Best Western Inn Wytheville offers pet-friendly accommodations so you can bring the whole family along! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your BEST WESTERN Wytheville Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Wytheville Hotel Wytheville
- Best Western Hotel Wytheville
- Wytheville Best Western