“I thought Best Western were good quality hotels.”

Best Western Wytheville Inn
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was so shocked by this hotel. It smelled awful. Dogs allowed in the rooms. Smell of stale cigarettes in corridors of designated non- smoking area, sign said so, and each door said non-smoking room. I could smell it while in my room. Lumpy pillows. Breakfast was hideous, plus paper plates, dishes, cups and plastic spoons? Our room had an adjoining door to the next room. I could hear the man next door snoring, in addition to my husband in our room.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay there.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sandra M, General Manager at Best Western Wytheville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Please accept our thank for the opportunity to provide our services to you. I do apologize that we fail to meet the standards that you expected in a Best Western.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Myrtle Beach. The first room we used a coupon from the welcome center and the room they gave us was very outdated, dirty (hair on and in beds, Sheets looked like they had been slept in. Bathroom mirrors dirty. We were moved to a Queen room which was MUCH nicer but still had dirty mirrors and floors were not vacuumed properly. The bed was incredibly comfortable though. When the Desk Clerk came to check the first room she said "
Oh, that's just hairspray on the mirrors". Really? You don't clean them? Next room was the same but we were too tired to bother with changing again. At breakfast they seemed to be always out of things and we had to ask for them.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed in a large room with a king bed, love seat, coffee table, desk with tall- backed desk chair, mini fridge and microwave, and plenty of lighting. We used our tablet computer screen to show the clerk an internet coupon for a walk- in price that was lower than the Internet reservation price, and he cheerily pointed us to the lobby computer to print a copy of the coupon for use.

The pet fee was reasonable. There was a small fenced pet exercise area and our dog frolicked to be able to get off- leash outside.

The motel was tucked off a side road but within a mile of the interstate exit and convenient to anything in Whytheville. I recommend requesting a courtyard room to avoid more highway noise (we had a courtyard room and could still hear faint highway noise).

For the price this was an entirely satisfactory motel and we would choose this motel again when traveling through the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Please accept our sincere thanks for the opportunity to provide our services to you we want you to feel at home – whether this was your first or one of many visits here. Our customer relations are very important to us. We at Best Western Wytheville Inn sincerely hope you will consider us again

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I had called this hotel from the road and luckily they had a room available, we were only about an hour away.. The manager, Sandra was working the front desk, was extremely helpful, applying our discount and referring us to several good restaurants in the area.The queen beds were a bit more firm than we are used to ,but the room was very clean.An elevator would have helped as we were on the second floor and older. The breakfast in the morning was very good with alot of variety and everything was kept really clean. What was supposed to be cold/hot was kept that way. The only negative I can think of was that there was an "authorization" for over twice the amount of our rate applied to my credit card. When I noticed this the next day, I called, spoke with Sandra and she assured me that would drop off and only the actual charge for the room would be applied. She did point out that there is a notice at the front desk stating this policy, but I didn't see it, nor was it brought to our attention at check-in. It would have been nice for her to explain that when we checked in so I wouldn't have had to make a phone call the next day. Other than that, her service, staff and hotel was very good!

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you have a problem climbing stairs, request a first floor room!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PAtraveler1130

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We recently stayed here the first of two nights we were on the road during our semi-annual trek from one residence, in NE Ohio, to our other home in SE Florida,

First, and most importantly, I can't speak highly enough of the person behind the front desk - I'm sorry, I forgot to write down her name -- who helped us immeasurably. Earlier in the day, I had made a reservation for that facility online and -- my mistake -- I neglected to put in the date I wanted it --- (which should have been for that very night). About an hour or so later, I realized my mistake and from the road called the hotel directly, and was told the reservation actually was for the next evening. The person who took my call changed the date, and later, when we checked in, also was extremely helpful. Thank you, whoever you are!

The motel was nice -- very serviceable,the room was ok, etc., but - and perhaps I might be in the wrong -- because we did not investigate this more fully by walking and looking around the corridors on the first floor -- if I'm not mistaken, it looks like this Best Western lacks an elevator (they have two floors), so the only way to get to the second floor is by walking up a flight of stairs. To my way of thinking, this is a negative--- especially for elderly travelers who get assigned a room on the second floor. (If I'm wrong about this, my apologies to management, and I stand corrected.)

Other than that, I would recommend this Best Western for travelers.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

The person that checked me in was friendly. The rooms had two queen beds, which is better than two doubles. With two queen beds, there was no space leftover in the room, which made it feel cramped. I liked that the sink was behind a closed door with the toilet and shower. The hotel had an okay, but somewhat aging decor and look. There are no elevators, so choose a first floor if you don't want to walk up. The breakfast was typical cereal, donuts, toast, yogurt, waffle maker and juice. Parking was not a problem, even though it seemed busy. I came in the back entry to go to my room and there were three somewhat large spiders in the back entry. Didn't see any in my room. The hotel is right off the freeway for easy access. There's a big truck stop with a food court right up the road. Beautiful view from the back of the hotel.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so choose a first floor if you don't want to walk up.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Book this through priceline, so had a very good rate. Location was close to highway, restaurants nearby, bed was comfortable. Now for the bad - we had a non smoking room that smelled like a smoking room. The carpet and curtains need to be updated.