“Pet-Friendly, Clean, and Quiet”

BEST WESTERN Wytheville Inn
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Virginia
“Pet-Friendly, Clean, and Quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed in a large room with a king bed, love seat, coffee table, desk with tall- backed desk chair, mini fridge and microwave, and plenty of lighting. We used our tablet computer screen to show the clerk an internet coupon for a walk- in price that was lower than the Internet reservation price, and he cheerily pointed us to the lobby computer to print a copy of the coupon for use.

The pet fee was reasonable. There was a small fenced pet exercise area and our dog frolicked to be able to get off- leash outside.

The motel was tucked off a side road but within a mile of the interstate exit and convenient to anything in Whytheville. I recommend requesting a courtyard room to avoid more highway noise (we had a courtyard room and could still hear faint highway noise).

For the price this was an entirely satisfactory motel and we would choose this motel again when traveling through the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sandra M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Wytheville Inn, responded to this review, November 10, 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Finnish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

I had called this hotel from the road and luckily they had a room available, we were only about an hour away.. The manager, Sandra was working the front desk, was extremely helpful, applying our discount and referring us to several good restaurants in the area.The queen beds were a bit more firm than we are used to ,but the room was very clean.An elevator would have helped as we were on the second floor and older. The breakfast in the morning was very good with alot of variety and everything was kept really clean. What was supposed to be cold/hot was kept that way. The only negative I can think of was that there was an "authorization" for over twice the amount of our rate applied to my credit card. When I noticed this the next day, I called, spoke with Sandra and she assured me that would drop off and only the actual charge for the room would be applied. She did point out that there is a notice at the front desk stating this policy, but I didn't see it, nor was it brought to our attention at check-in. It would have been nice for her to explain that when we checked in so I wouldn't have had to make a phone call the next day. Other than that, her service, staff and hotel was very good!

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you have a problem climbing stairs, request a first floor room!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PAtraveler1130
Boynton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We recently stayed here the first of two nights we were on the road during our semi-annual trek from one residence, in NE Ohio, to our other home in SE Florida,

First, and most importantly, I can't speak highly enough of the person behind the front desk - I'm sorry, I forgot to write down her name -- who helped us immeasurably. Earlier in the day, I had made a reservation for that facility online and -- my mistake -- I neglected to put in the date I wanted it --- (which should have been for that very night). About an hour or so later, I realized my mistake and from the road called the hotel directly, and was told the reservation actually was for the next evening. The person who took my call changed the date, and later, when we checked in, also was extremely helpful. Thank you, whoever you are!

The motel was nice -- very serviceable,the room was ok, etc., but - and perhaps I might be in the wrong -- because we did not investigate this more fully by walking and looking around the corridors on the first floor -- if I'm not mistaken, it looks like this Best Western lacks an elevator (they have two floors), so the only way to get to the second floor is by walking up a flight of stairs. To my way of thinking, this is a negative--- especially for elderly travelers who get assigned a room on the second floor. (If I'm wrong about this, my apologies to management, and I stand corrected.)

Other than that, I would recommend this Best Western for travelers.

Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

The person that checked me in was friendly. The rooms had two queen beds, which is better than two doubles. With two queen beds, there was no space leftover in the room, which made it feel cramped. I liked that the sink was behind a closed door with the toilet and shower. The hotel had an okay, but somewhat aging decor and look. There are no elevators, so choose a first floor if you don't want to walk up. The breakfast was typical cereal, donuts, toast, yogurt, waffle maker and juice. Parking was not a problem, even though it seemed busy. I came in the back entry to go to my room and there were three somewhat large spiders in the back entry. Didn't see any in my room. The hotel is right off the freeway for easy access. There's a big truck stop with a food court right up the road. Beautiful view from the back of the hotel.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so choose a first floor if you don't want to walk up.
ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Book this through priceline, so had a very good rate. Location was close to highway, restaurants nearby, bed was comfortable. Now for the bad - we had a non smoking room that smelled like a smoking room. The carpet and curtains need to be updated.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Please accept our thank for the opportunity to provide our services to you. I do apologize that we fail to meet the standards that you expected in a Best Western.
Toledo, Oh
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Don't get me wrong, the staff, location, and breakfast here was decent...However, the non-smoking room (and hallway) smelled like stale ciggarettes and burnt popcorn, you could feel every spring in the beds, and we were so unsure of the tidiness that we slept fully clothed (even socks) and hovered over the toliet. There were no "yes we clean under here too" signs anywhere, nor was the toliet paper folded to show they had cleaned there. If we had not been so drop dead tired and could've gotten a refund ( we booked through Hotwire) we would have never of stayed there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Wytheville hotels

Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

We used the Hotels.com coupon from the VA welcome center, a great rate.
Spacious rooms, beautiful location. Restaurants a short drive.

We have a small dog and they have a Dog Park! (small fenced area) and also large open area for walking +
2 picnic benches with a nice view of the hills.

Our only complaint, the SAFE FEE , which we didn't discover until checkout. Apparently it was on the registration form, but we missed it. We did not use the Safe, and requested they remove the Fee, which they did.
There are NO rooms Without a Safe!

Room Tip: Watch out for the Safe Fee when you Register if you are not going to use the safe.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Please accept our sincere thanks for the opportunity to provide our services to you we want you to feel at home – whether this was your first or one of many visits here. Our customer relations are very important to us. We at Best Western Wytheville Inn sincerely hope you will consider us again.