“Good for short stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
“Good for short stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

Stayed here on our way back from Memphis area as this is about our halfway point. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful; check in only took a few minutess. The room a bit worn but clean. It was snowing and very cold, well below freezing, but our room heat worked well. In the morning, sidewalks out side were already salted, which was good to see. We chose this hotel because we travel with our dog and they are pet friendly. Free breakfast coffee was good, but donuts a bit stale, plus they were "mini" donuts, not full size. Wanted to get on the road so didn't try anything else, but the waffles smelled good!! Beds were not too comfortable. Looks like they may be in the process of gradually upgrading the place. I forgot to tell the front desk that someone tried our door about 11:30 pm. Our dog alerted us to that. I will assume someone was at the wrong room number as he was quickly gone and the weather outside was so bad, I doubt anyone was sneaking through the hotel looking for open doors. Overall, I would stay there again for a night passing through, but not for an extended period unless the beds are upgraded.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
WythevilleInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Wytheville Inn, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Please accept our sincere thanks for your comments on Trip Advisor concerning your visit with us. We want your to feel at home whether this was your first visit or one of many. As you noted we are in the process of doing more upgrades at the property. Our customer relations are very important to us.
We look forward to a return trip from you in the future at the Best Western Wytheville Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Finnish first
Commerce Township, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

We made our reservations on line through Hotels.com where you pay in advance for your room. When we arrived at 8pm the clerk promptly handed us our room keys after we showed our picture ID. We were in our room within 5 minutes of our arrival. The room was clean, WIFI available, plenty of electrical outlets to recharge our phones, 3 pillows on each bed, coffee, frig, micro and a delicious buffet continental breakfast including hard boiled eggs, waffles, sausage gravy biscuits and the usual coffee, juice, toast, cereal etc. All for $66. The clerk did inform us that next time to call directly to the hotel and receive a 20% discount. Very pleasant experience.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank calligal14
WythevilleInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Wytheville Inn, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Please accept our thanks for the kind comments on Trip Advisor about Best Western Wytheville Inn. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to a return visit from you.
Jamestown NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

Sandra at the front desk is peach, but she can't make up for the deficiencies of this property. The beds were hard and uncomfortable. The walls are thin and we could hear doors banging in the hallway well past midnight. A call to the front desk produced no relief from the noise. The tv stations were disorganized and fuzzy. The hotel is 2 stories but there is no elevator. On the flip side, our room was clean and the rate was low. Wytheville tends to be a quick stopover city and this hotel provides the basics, nothing more.

Room Tip: If stairs are a challenge, get a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank pawley
Thank you for your comments posted on Trip Advisor. I do apologize that you did not have a pleasant stay at our property. We do take all comments seriously and pass them on to the various departments for correction. We do hope that you will consider Best Western Wytheville Inn again.
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

We selected this particular hotel because our elderly dog was traveling with us. This is an older hotel but is well maintained & our room #114 was clean w/updated furniture. It seems that this hotel is quite popular, as there were long check-in lines from time to time. There were a great many people staying here w/pets & housekeeping did a wonderful job in keeping the area clean. We noticed no pet hair or odor in our room or in the halls. A large grassy area in back w/an off leash fenced area allowed pets an opportunity to explore. The hotel offered a nice continental breakfast w/convenient area, in lobby, in which to eat. The hotel location is rural but very close to downtown attractions.

Two slightly negative things I will mention about the hotel is that the hall ceiling seemed a bit low and the bed was a bit firmer than other Best Westerns...but still comfortable. Neither of these would prevent me from staying here again.

Nice, clean hotel and hardworking, friendly staff!

Room Tip: If you are traveling w/pets rooms closer to exit doors may be more convenient.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Please accept our thanks for your comments concerning you stay at Best Western Wytheville Inn. We want all guest to feel at home whether this was their first stay or one of many. We do look forward to a return visit from you
Naples, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

After reading some of these reviews, I was a little nervous about our stay. We were just stopping along our roadtrip from GA to PA so we made our reservation the day of our stay. The hotel is very convenient to the Interstate. We were very impressed with the room for the price that we paid. Also, the front desk staff was very friendly. In response to some of the negative reviews on here, it's obvious that some people will never be satisfied no matter what and will always complain... In response to the "foggy window" review, I checked our window just out of curiousity - I was there for a good nights sleep, not to stare out the window. But, if you care to know, our window was perfectly clear and clean. Also, in response to the "dirty remote" review, we had a very nice and clean TV remote. In response to breakfast complaints, we were quite satisfied with the "complimentary" breakfast. There was a variety of things to choose from. My husband enjoyed the waffles and I enjoyed the biscuits and gravy - some of the best I've ever had actually!!! And the biscuits were NOT hard. Oh, and in response to the review about the eggs, it was VERY obvious to me that the eggs were there for a HEALTHY option for those that wanted a hard boiled egg. Why would you even think that they'd set out a raw egg!!?!?
The shower head and pressure was great! It was BETTER than my most recent stays in Marriott and Hilton hotels!
There were only a couple things that I noticed but I didn't let them ruin my stay... When I first entered the hallway and our room, I noticed a stench of smoke even though we had non-smoking room. I am pregnant so I have a strong sniffer, but I quickly got used to the smell and assume that the room was at one point a smoking room year ago since it's an older hotel. Also, the bed was squeaky (didn't lose sleep over it!). The only other thing that I noticed that's a big pet peeve of mine was the women working with the breakfast food stepped outside right out front of the glass doors and smoked in plain view of all of the guests while we were eating. If you're going to smoke at work (especially with food), I think it should be done in a private place out back or somewhere that's not in direct view of guests.
In conclusion, we were very satisfied with our stay based on our needs. We would definitely stay again if the need presents itself. It's perfect for our road trip stay but it wouldn't necessarily be my pick for a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: No elevator
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hnym00nin
WythevilleInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Wytheville Inn, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Dear Perfect for our Needs
Please accept our sincere thanks for your comments on Trip Advisor concerning your stay at Best Western Wytheville Inn. We want our guest to feel at home whether this was their first stay or one of many. I especially appreciate your other responses to the other comments that are on Trip Advisor as well. Thank you so much.... We at Best Western Wytheville Inn will look forward to your next visit and I hope I have the opportunity to meet you.
Hernando, MS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

I read the reviews before booking this hotel. We were on our way to Washington DC and this was a good place to stop for the night. Yeah for the price ($72 total) it is probably hard to beat, but I think for maybe $20 more I will try some other hotel next time. We requested a non smoking room, but we could smell smoke and the carpet had cigarette burns. The furniture was old and dated. There was mold in the shower. Again maybe this is the best in Wytheville and maybe we should have gone on to Roanake.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Cadmandan
Dear Felt Like 1986 all over again,
Please accept our sincere thank for allowing Best Western Wytheville Inn the opportunity to provide our services to you. I do apology that your stay was not up to the standards of Best Western. We appreciate all comments and we do pass these on to our staff to let them know where they need to improve.

We at Best Western would appreciate another opportunity to serve you and would look forward to having you visit us again the next time you are in Wytheville.

Sincerely
Granite Falls, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

This place was perfect for the Price. The Hotel was conveniently located off the Interstate. The Hotel is extremely well Managed, and the staff are very pleasant and helpful. My room was clean and very Cozy. Bed was very Comfortable. The Breakfast was Wonderful. I have stay at other Hotels in Wytheville, VA. But I must say that the Best Western is the best. Thanks for all your Hospitality. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone that plans on staying in Wytheville.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank bprestwood
Dear Absolutely Perfect
Thank you for your comments concerning your visit with Best Western Wytheville Inn. We want our guests to feel at home when they stay with us. We do appreciate your comments and look forward to your next visit at Best Western Wytheville Inn.
Sincerely