“Perfect for our needs!”

Best Western Wytheville Inn
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 19, 2011

After reading some of these reviews, I was a little nervous about our stay. We were just stopping along our roadtrip from GA to PA so we made our reservation the day of our stay. The hotel is very convenient to the Interstate. We were very impressed with the room for the price that we paid. Also, the front desk staff was very friendly. In response to some of the negative reviews on here, it's obvious that some people will never be satisfied no matter what and will always complain... In response to the "foggy window" review, I checked our window just out of curiousity - I was there for a good nights sleep, not to stare out the window. But, if you care to know, our window was perfectly clear and clean. Also, in response to the "dirty remote" review, we had a very nice and clean TV remote. In response to breakfast complaints, we were quite satisfied with the "complimentary" breakfast. There was a variety of things to choose from. My husband enjoyed the waffles and I enjoyed the biscuits and gravy - some of the best I've ever had actually!!! And the biscuits were NOT hard. Oh, and in response to the review about the eggs, it was VERY obvious to me that the eggs were there for a HEALTHY option for those that wanted a hard boiled egg. Why would you even think that they'd set out a raw egg!!?!?
The shower head and pressure was great! It was BETTER than my most recent stays in Marriott and Hilton hotels!
There were only a couple things that I noticed but I didn't let them ruin my stay... When I first entered the hallway and our room, I noticed a stench of smoke even though we had non-smoking room. I am pregnant so I have a strong sniffer, but I quickly got used to the smell and assume that the room was at one point a smoking room year ago since it's an older hotel. Also, the bed was squeaky (didn't lose sleep over it!). The only other thing that I noticed that's a big pet peeve of mine was the women working with the breakfast food stepped outside right out front of the glass doors and smoked in plain view of all of the guests while we were eating. If you're going to smoke at work (especially with food), I think it should be done in a private place out back or somewhere that's not in direct view of guests.
In conclusion, we were very satisfied with our stay based on our needs. We would definitely stay again if the need presents itself. It's perfect for our road trip stay but it wouldn't necessarily be my pick for a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: No elevator
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hnym00nin
WythevilleInn, General Manager at Best Western Wytheville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

Dear Perfect for our Needs
Please accept our sincere thanks for your comments on Trip Advisor concerning your stay at Best Western Wytheville Inn. We want our guest to feel at home whether this was their first stay or one of many. I especially appreciate your other responses to the other comments that are on Trip Advisor as well. Thank you so much.... We at Best Western Wytheville Inn will look forward to your next visit and I hope I have the opportunity to meet you.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Wytheville Inn

Reviewed September 18, 2011

I read the reviews before booking this hotel. We were on our way to Washington DC and this was a good place to stop for the night. Yeah for the price ($72 total) it is probably hard to beat, but I think for maybe $20 more I will try some other hotel next time. We requested a non smoking room, but we could smell smoke and the carpet had cigarette burns. The furniture was old and dated. There was mold in the shower. Again maybe this is the best in Wytheville and maybe we should have gone on to Roanake.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Cadmandan

Dear Felt Like 1986 all over again,
Please accept our sincere thank for allowing Best Western Wytheville Inn the opportunity to provide our services to you. I do apology that your stay was not up to the standards of Best Western. We appreciate all comments and we do pass these on to our staff to let them know where they need to improve.

We at Best Western would appreciate another opportunity to serve you and would look forward to having you visit us again the next time you are in Wytheville.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

This place was perfect for the Price. The Hotel was conveniently located off the Interstate. The Hotel is extremely well Managed, and the staff are very pleasant and helpful. My room was clean and very Cozy. Bed was very Comfortable. The Breakfast was Wonderful. I have stay at other Hotels in Wytheville, VA. But I must say that the Best Western is the best. Thanks for all your Hospitality. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone that plans on staying in Wytheville.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank bprestwood

Dear Absolutely Perfect
Thank you for your comments concerning your visit with Best Western Wytheville Inn. We want our guests to feel at home when they stay with us. We do appreciate your comments and look forward to your next visit at Best Western Wytheville Inn.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

On August 4, my husband and I stayed in your motel and it was such a pleasant visit that I just wanted to thank you and your staff who made it that way. There were no handicapped rooms available when we arrived, but we were given a nice clean room, and the next morning, I asked about a shower chair and one was found for us. Thank you so much for your kindness to us. Your friendly staff really made our day after a long and tiring trip.

Anna Rose Mooneyhan
Ocala, FL

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank richnanna

Dear Mrs. Mooneyhan,

I want to express my gratitude for your comments during your visit with Best Western Wytheville Inn. We want our guest to feel at home whether this was your first visit or one of many visits with us. We will look forward to serving you the next time you are in Wytheville.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

The service and cleanliness were great. The staff is very helpful. After visiting family and friends all day, it was great to come back to a room that's so clean and comfortable. I definitely like to sleep in when on vaca and appreciated the quiet of the surrounding area. Will definitely be visiting this Best Western again when I come down to Wytheville again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank NPatel54
WythevilleInn, General Manager at Best Western Wytheville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2011

Please accept our sincere thanks for your kind review on trip advisor. We want people to feel at home whether this was your first or one of any visits here. We at Best Western Wytheville Inn sincerely hope you will consider us again.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stay there approximately 1 a month. The hotel is always clean and well kept. The staff is fantastic! Knowing this place is at the end of the trail makes the trip alot easier!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Tyler_Durdin
WythevilleInn, General Manager at Best Western Wytheville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Thank you for your kind comments. We always look forward to our guest returning to stay with us. It is like coming home for a visit. Looking forward to your return.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

On the morning of July 29th I complained to front desk person that they put chemicals in the pool and no one was allowed to swim for an hour. Asked why they didn't do this before the pool opened. The reaon we booked this hotel was because of the pool. I had lotioned up twin baby boys and a five year old for the pool. I feel like I have been ripped off. I could have stayed at a hotel without a pool for a lot less money. I told the lady at the desk I was going to write a review and she muttered as I walked away that people have said a lot worse. Also,my room smelled like a dirty shoe. Another suggestion would be to have at least 2 highchairs for the continental breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank mommy81207

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Wytheville Inn. Sometimes it becomes necessary to close the pool until the chemicals are added and it is tested to make sure that it is safe for our guest. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you incurred but the safety and health of our guest must come first.