After reading some of these reviews, I was a little nervous about our stay. We were just stopping along our roadtrip from GA to PA so we made our reservation the day of our stay. The hotel is very convenient to the Interstate. We were very impressed with the room for the price that we paid. Also, the front desk staff was very friendly. In response to some of the negative reviews on here, it's obvious that some people will never be satisfied no matter what and will always complain... In response to the "foggy window" review, I checked our window just out of curiousity - I was there for a good nights sleep, not to stare out the window. But, if you care to know, our window was perfectly clear and clean. Also, in response to the "dirty remote" review, we had a very nice and clean TV remote. In response to breakfast complaints, we were quite satisfied with the "complimentary" breakfast. There was a variety of things to choose from. My husband enjoyed the waffles and I enjoyed the biscuits and gravy - some of the best I've ever had actually!!! And the biscuits were NOT hard. Oh, and in response to the review about the eggs, it was VERY obvious to me that the eggs were there for a HEALTHY option for those that wanted a hard boiled egg. Why would you even think that they'd set out a raw egg!!?!?
The shower head and pressure was great! It was BETTER than my most recent stays in Marriott and Hilton hotels!
There were only a couple things that I noticed but I didn't let them ruin my stay... When I first entered the hallway and our room, I noticed a stench of smoke even though we had non-smoking room. I am pregnant so I have a strong sniffer, but I quickly got used to the smell and assume that the room was at one point a smoking room year ago since it's an older hotel. Also, the bed was squeaky (didn't lose sleep over it!). The only other thing that I noticed that's a big pet peeve of mine was the women working with the breakfast food stepped outside right out front of the glass doors and smoked in plain view of all of the guests while we were eating. If you're going to smoke at work (especially with food), I think it should be done in a private place out back or somewhere that's not in direct view of guests.
In conclusion, we were very satisfied with our stay based on our needs. We would definitely stay again if the need presents itself. It's perfect for our road trip stay but it wouldn't necessarily be my pick for a romantic getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Inn Wytheville. Wake up to a great day at our hotel in Wytheville, VA. Enjoy a gorgeous sunrise over the mountains and a delicious complimentary breakfast. For business, our free high-speed Internet access keeps you connected. For pleasure, the outdoor pool is a great way to relax in the afternoon. Best of all, Best Western Inn Wytheville offers pet-friendly accommodations so you can bring the whole family along! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Wytheville Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Wytheville Hotel Wytheville
- Best Western Hotel Wytheville
- Wytheville Best Western