New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
Barrie
“Don't Stay Here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2011

#1-- please check the # of reviews people have posted when reading where you should stay.
Big mistake to stay here. There are lots of other places much cleaner -same price and you can have a really nice view of the mountains. Do your homework on TA to find a better place than this.
We can't see out the window as they have lost their seal- we see a foggy dripping mess . The fan in bathroom is so loud we will wake neighbours if we turn it on during the night. Bed saggy!! Best Western and saggy bed???
I pinched my finger and have a blood bruise when starting to use the computer as the table has a crack.
I don't like to say specifics in reviews thinking this is only one room and others might be better.
I do not feel this is the case.
I went to the front desk to ask them to address my probelms w/ the hotel --and while going there -a couple of other doors were open - same window-- same prob.
Informed the front desk about inability to see out the window and I was told that windows are expensive and 3 have been ordered. Fans will be fixed sometime down the road Guess what? I don't care! Not my problem.
I suggest BW pull the plug on this owner.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
WythevilleInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Wytheville Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2011
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Wytheville Inn. I appreciate your taking the time to respond to the trip advisor and I hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations, service and consideration we strive for with all our guests – the type of service we pride ourselves in. I have investigated your comments and have already taken steps to ensure that the problems you experienced do not happen again. My staff has also been made aware of your comments and we will take immediate corrective action.

In response to comments both here and Best Western Customer Care they are sending you a Travel Card in the amount of $ 66.59 as an apology for the inconvenience you incurred.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Wytheville Inn the next time you are in Wytheville to give us a change to redeem ourselves. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Finnish first
Worthington, OH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2011

The room was dirty. It wasn't only dirty, it was down deep dirty. Dried blood on the bathroom light switch, a dirty remote (that was a first for me), dried something on the phone cord and phone, a black hair on the outside of the tub.

You don't want to stay there. Trust me.

Also, when I wrote Best Western about my stay, I received an email from the General Manager at the hotel who told me that I should have contacted the front desk.. I responded that I didn't think I should have to call the front desk to get them to clean my room. Call me crazy, but I thought that was what they were SUPPPOSED to do.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Worthington_OHDippy
Thank you for contacting trip advisor. I do hope that you will accept my apologies for the problems that you incurred while at Best Western Wytheville Inn and that the solution provided was not to your satisfaction.

We want our guest to feel at home – whether it is their first or one of many visits here. Our customer relations are very important to us. We at Best Western Wytheville Inn sincerely hope you will consider us again. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one as we illustrate that what happened to you was an unfortunate exception to our normally high quality of service.
West Bloomfield, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2011

I have stayed at other hotels in Wytheville, VA, but I must say that the Best Western is the BEST, by far. You can't get a better value. Loved the price and loved the stay. The only little problem I had was finding the hotel, for my first stay. I will be coming back, this year and have already made my reservations. Thanks, for the wonderful hospitality.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank mickeyd1216
WythevilleInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Wytheville Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2011
Thank you for giving us an opportunity to provide our services to you. We strive to make all guest feel at home whether this is their first visit or one of many. Our customer relations are very important to us and we will look forward to a return visit from you.
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2011

Hotel is clean, comfortable and Patty at the front desk is very nice. The hotel is a little hard to find if traveling I-77 south, (don't trust GSP). Call and they will give directions. It's worth the effort to be treated so nicely.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WythevilleInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Wytheville Inn, responded to this review, January 25, 2011
Dear Soubelle 1006
Please accept our sincere thank for the opportunity to provide our services to you. We want you to feel at home -- whether this was your first or one of may visits here. Our customer relations are very important to us. We at Best Western Wytheville Inn sincerely hope you will consider us again.
Sandra L Montgomery
Rocky River, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2011

Easy access off I -77 and I-81, this is a fine choice to spend the night on your way to somewhere else. It really defines a successful roadside motel- clean, knowledgeable employees, near gas-shopping-and restaurant options, and fairly priced. Advertised as pet-friendly, I did notice guests with dogs and cats, a sometimes neglected segment of the traveling public. Wytheville is an interesting small town, with several good dining options-I enjoyed the Sagebrush Steakhouse, within walking distance of the hotel. Only negative is the breakfast-fair at best with weak coffee, but overall a very positive night at this Best Western

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WythevilleInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Wytheville Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2011
Thank you for your recent comments concerning your stay at Best Western Wytheville Inn. It is a pleasure to serve our guest that have pets. We will look forward to having you with us again. Sandra
hickory nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2011

Passing through We arrived early. Even though checkin was at 3 we were able to check in early as we were tired from driving. The room was one of the Cleanest rooms we had ever stayed at a Best Western. After a short nap We went to the Front desk for directions to local resturants and was greeted with map and directions to local resturants with coupons. Sage Brush was a short walk . After a great meal went back to the room watcked HBO and relaxed, would recommend and stat at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Please accept our sincere thank for choosing Best Western Wytheville for your stay. We appreciated having you here and look forward to having you return for a visit in the future
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2010

This hotel was great, me and my colleagues were treated as if we were family. excellent service was provided to help with our needs. as we got to the hotel, we were greated by the friendly employees at the front desk with open arms. will recommend this hotel to others & and will stay again. thanks for the hospitality.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ks1228
Thank you for your recent visit to Best Western Wytheville Inn. It has always been our policy to try to make our guest feel welcome and at home. We will look forward to seeing you again in the future.