“Outstanding staff goes above and beyond”
Review of Comfort Inn

Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here at the last minute on 8-31-13 ,we are very partial to Hampton inn . However they were booked and reluctantly booked this comfort inn . The rooms were average at best in condition and clean. But the staff went out of there way including carrying some ice to our cooler since we had our hands full . I am very impressed with the front desk,cleaning,breakfast and maintenance staff at the facility . We traval very frequently and will not hesitate to stay here agian

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we called at 11 pm to check availability to the end of our seven hour stay we felt warmly welcomed. The front desk remembered our name and we got a king suite because of our family of five . The room was cool and clean and the bathroom was huge which having three daughters we certainly need. The next morning the same employee invited us to go to breakfast and was getting us items that weren't readily available

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We booked this hotel on the Choice hotels mobile app after deciding how far we felt like driving. We arrived at midnight and check in was quick. Two queen room was clean if a but worn. Beds were comfortable and bathroom was clean and fully stocked. Breakfast was waffles, eggs, and sausage plus standard continental offerings. All staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. Pool looked nice although we did not use.

Overall, a clean place to stay on your trip south or for trip to area. It isn't fancy but it is clean.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stopped here on our way back from Myrtle Beach. We made reservations earlier that day when we knew we would need a place to stay. When we arrived, our room was ready and it was huge. I think it was an accessible room because there was so much empty space. Unfortunately, one of the queen beds was a portable in the wall with no box spring. It was a mattress on a board. We couldn't get to sleep on it and had to switch with the kids. The other queen was pretty comfortable. The morning breakfast wasn't bad. It was really crowded which was to be expected. It was ok for a place to lay your head for a few hours as a layover.

1  Thank midasttt
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed here one night on first floor. Room was clean, nice TV, good linens, good shower. FREE breakfast was normal stuff - food was HOT and eating area clean. Pool area was clean! Easy on and off Freeway.

Room Tip: I liked first floor only one elevator
1  Thank muff1234
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Upon traveling to Pigeon Forge, TN, we found ourselves in heavy rain and very slow traffic on I-81S. The Comfort Inn came into view at Fort Chiswell, VA--so we stopped for the night. The front desk clerk was very professional and even recommended a couple of places nearby to eat. Our non-smoking king room was VERY CLEAN. We did not use the pool area. The breakfast was typical of the Comfort Inns. Next time we are in the area, we will stop again to sightsee at Fort Chiswell. The value we paid for the room as a walk-in was very good. The room was quiet without any interstate noise.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We reservedc2 non smoking room, a king and 2 queens. The queen was fine except the floor was filthy. Our room was so dirty. The carpet had spots all over it. I went to go to the restroom and there was blood on the shower curtain.They said we could look at another room and it smelled so badly of smoke there was no way I could stay in there. I told the man at the front desk that I hah had lung cancer and just couldn't stay in a room that smelled like that. He said I would have to stay in the room with blood in it because he didn't have anything else. He said he did have the honeymoon suite but it was way more than I paid so I couldn't have that. I asked him if he would stay in a room with blood in it. He said I had no choice. I asked him to call someone, he said not at this hour. I asked for the number so I could call and he gave me the honeymoon suite. Had to go back down because he "forgot" to activate the key.guess what... Honeymoon suite stunk of smoke too only not as bad. So as my husband lies here sleeping, I'm writing this. What a dirty smelly place.

Room Tip: Tip would be to go to comfort suites. Stayed there before great value , clean, courteous staff
1  Thank Rebecca S