“Noisy Heat Pump” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Noisy Heat Pump”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

We stayed here b/c the pool at Fairfield was under repair. The Comfort Inn pool was in the lower 80s which was better than we had seen lately - coming from hotels that all seemed to have pool heating problems. We had never stayed at a Comfort Inn before. Initially I was impressed with the front desk staff that actually gave me a quick tour before I paid for the room. Unfortunately, we didn't end up staying in that room - and instead I requested one on the 2nd floor - which was apparently near the elevator and a downstairs heat pump. The heat pump kept us up half the night. The bedding looked very nice, but under the comforter I saw that the blanket was old and worn. The quality of the room furniture was lacking - not real wood and a patch on the sofa. The breakfast bar lady was very nice and kept the bar well-stocked and clean. They didn't ask us how our stay was - as I think that they didn't want to know. I am pretty sure that they know about the heat pump problem, so ask to be in a room away from the heat pump.

Room Tip: Stay away from Downstairs heat pump.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Good value hotel that helps us traveling with our full family, including pets.
The room was clean, spacious, well decorated and comfortable. Plenty of hot water.
It is very convenient to I-81, but located where you don't hear any road noise.
One drawback was that my wife was so comfortable, we didn't get back on the road as early as we wanted to. Our dog was very happy as well.
We will be back again.

Room Tip: Call ahead and make a reservation.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Cheraw, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

One of the nicer pet friendly hotels we have stayed in! First room had a definite odor, but they immediately moved us to one that was fine, no problem. Spacious, beds were comfortable, our cat loved looking out the window (which had a nice, big base perfect to sit on and survey the world), the bathroom was not huge but fine, GREAT water pressure! Breakfast was normal motel breakfast, fine but nothing special although I think they did have the waffle maker... Would definitely stay here again. Easy access from the interstate. Good gas station right next door.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the stairwell/elevator for a more quiet stay
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Parkersburg, West Virginia, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

Traveling with my elderly parents and kindergarten son, this was the 1/2 way point on our trip. After checking in, we went to dinner at which time my father had to be transported to the emergency room by ambulance. I dropped my son and mother off at the hotel and went to the hospital. I later called the hotel and asked to be connected to the room registered to our last name and she said she did not have that name staying. I then asked if our name was registered to room 107 and she said no. Being aware that more than 1 comfort inn in the area, I tried another and eventually called the first back and just asked to be connected to our room number. Under the circumstances I was in, this error on the front desk clerks part was unforgivable. I did not feel that this hotel lived up to typical Comfort Inn quality and service and would not stay at this location again. I arrived back at the room at 12:30 AM and under other circumstances, I would have relocated to another hotel. The room was LESS than clean, pillows were terrible, bedding/sheets were very worn not crisp and white.

• 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Wytheville hotels

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

We used this place as a stayover on a very long highway trip. The room was clean and the staff was super-nice. Breakfast was the basic hotel free breakfast. It got crowded around 8:15 because apparently that is the magic hour for families. Before that, though, it was wide open. Would definitely recommend and will stay here again if back in the area.

Pittsburgh PA.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

This was our first trip with our dog so didn't know what to expect staying at a dog friendly hotel. This Comfort Inn was very clean and happily welcomed our dog. The only negative was our room smelled a bit like dog when we opened the door (but opening the windows helped out). The breakfast had plenty of options and got us on the road ready for more driving. We would stay here again on our way through town. If you are looking for clean; you will find it here.

Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

The check-in experience, usually a guest's first encounter with hotel staff, sets the mood for a stay. So when the front-desk lady offered no words of welcome nor a friendly smile, and glumly processed my check-in, I didn't feel good about staying here. The room was large, put not particularly attractive. The breakfast was mediocre. I really felt that I had overpaid. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple