“Very nice Mexican restaurant”
Review of El Puerto

El Puerto
Ranked #13 of 60 Restaurants in Wytheville
Cuisines: Mexican
Toledo, Ohio
“Very nice Mexican restaurant”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

At first I was little leery of "strip mall Mexican" but it turned out to be well worth it. The place is very clean and the staff very friendly. Nd the food was extremely good. Kids dishes were fine s well. I would recommend a stop here if you are in town looking for something not chain related.

Visited July 2013

“Worst Mexican meal of my life.”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Maybe it is because we are from the Chicagoland area and our expectations are high when it comes to cultural cuisines, but this was just awful. I don't think it is asking too much to have Mexican cheeses on your tacos and quesadillas and not shredded American cheese. Eww. Who uses American cheese in any sort of Mexican food? The texture and the taste was not good at all. Also, the service was terrible. Our waiter was rude and seemed completely uninterested in taking our orders. We also had to ask three times, three separate people, just to get a little sour cream. With the reviews so high, people from this region must not know what they're missing when it comes to Mexican food.

• Visited July 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“I love this place”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our second time staying in the area. Last year this restaurant was recommended to us by the staff at Best Western, so we gave it a try. I remember that we ordered the chicken nachos and they were awesome. This year I was looking forward to returning. There were only two people in our party this time so we passed on the nachos. We were served chips and salsa, which were very good. I ordered the burrito grande, which turned out to be literally the best burrito I have ever eaten. It was just the right amount of spicy. I also had a margarita. I have had better margaritas, especially in Mexican restaurants, but it was not bad and definitely did contain alcohol. Two meals, chips and salsa, and a margarita came to under $20. The atmosphere was pleasant and the service was good. The menu was extensive with many different things to try. I would be eating at El Puerto all the time except for the fact that it's a five-hour drive from my house. Next time I am in the area I will definitely be returning.

• Visited July 2013
“Nice break off interstate for real food!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a quick dinner while on the road. Nice change of pace from road food. Good flavor, value and nice margaritas!

• Visited May 2013
Cincinnati
“Good, not great”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Staff were friendly. Food was very good. Margaritas not so good. More like frozen limeade - alcohol content?? Not sure there was any. Had a bad travel day, looked forward to a margarita. Disappointed.

• Visited May 2013