“Small Town Sub Shop for Big-Time Appetites”
Review of CJ's Pizza

CJ's Pizza
Ranked #5 of 62 Restaurants in Wytheville
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: C.J's is your hometown Pizza Shop. We make our dough and sauce from scratch every day. We use only the freshest toppings. We also use 100% real White Cheddar Cheese instead of Mozzarella which gives our pizza a great and unique taste. We hope you will also try our famous stromboli and Gluten-Free Pizza! It's Great! We also use the best quality meats and toppings for our subs. Our Steak and Cheese Sub is made with thinly sliced Rib Eye Steak. We hope you will also enjoy our fresh salads and pasta dishes. We have been serving the Wytheville area since 1982. It has been our pleasure to serve you. If you have any problems with our food or service, please let us know so that we will be better able to serve you! Sincere Thanks and God Bless! Tommy & Tina Cline
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stopped in at CJ's because it was convenient at the time and we always like to try the local fare when we are traveling through some place. It's certainly not a high-class establishment, but it was clean, our waitress was friendly, and the food was good--average pizza and grinders menu--but fresh and flavorful. I'm sure we'd consider stopping in again if we were ever back in town.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stopped at CJs for dinner on our way to FL. Thanks to TA, we enjoyed their special of two salads, two drinks, and a medium two-topping pizza. The server was sweetness and light. The salads were large and tasty, the drinks cold and refilled often, and the pizza delicious! Believe it or not, this meal fed our whole family - two adults, two teens, and one preteen. We will definitely be making this stop more often in our travels.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The Log House was closed, so we looked for a local place to eat & saw this place was listed as #1 here, but had not-so-great reviews on another App. We gave it a try & wished we would have gone with the other site's reviews. I ordered a Reuben sub. You have to pay extra for wheat bread......extra for chips......and even extra for a pickle!!! Seriously? The Reuben lists the ingredients corned beef, sauerkraut, provolone, 1000 Island - pastrami or turkey. I ordered the Reuben with turkey instead of pastrami. It came with a thin slice of turkey lunch meat, a squirt of dressing, & a dollop of sauerkraut. I took 2 bites before I realized they had forgotten to put the corned beef on it. So a few minutes later, when the waitress was walking by, we told her. She was very rude. She asked if I ordered corned beef on it. Yes, it's a Reuben.... You could serve me a rare steak, that I ordered well-done, and I won't complain.....but I thought this would be a simple fix, and I was extremely nice about it. I had no idea it would be met with such rudeness. So my husband ate his sandwich, which he said was good, but skimpy on the ingredients, & we paid & left.....the bland non-Reuben sandwich left on the table. I would never eat here again, nor would I recommend it. Maybe their pizza is better, but with that type of service, who cares. Go somewhere else.

2  Thank NursyOnVacation
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I read the reviews for CJ's on Tripadvisor so we decided to give it a try. What a great find! The staff was extremely friendly. Even helping us with tin foil to wrap up the left overs for the rest of the drive. Prices were reasonable and portions were very American sized. We ordered the stromboli which was superb. I have had it made at other restaurants as a tube filled with ingredients. Here It is made like a folded over pizza and cut up in squares. Pizza sauce is on the side. Please note the medium we ordered for 12 dollars included 3 toppings and was more than enough for 2 adults. Plenty of cheese. Some other reviews mentioned a lack of tables. We did not find that the case. Even though the restaurant is small there were plenty of tables for everyone. Definitely give it a try when you are stopping over for a night in Wytheville.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stopped at CJ's on the way home from brining my brother from Parris Island, SC. He wanted pizza after not getting it during his 12 weeks of boot camp and CJ's came highly recommended. The pizza was delicious. They use white cheddar which gives the pizza a great flavor. The staff is friendly and do a good job to make sure everyone leaves hungry and happy.