“Excellet service”

Hampton Inn Wytheville
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Reviewed May 16, 2009

Stayed in this hotel as a half-way stop from Toronto to Orlando with my wife and kids. I advised the front-desk staff that we're checking out very early the next day (free breakfast is served from 6am to 10am). The overnight staff prepared hot breakfast at 5am to accommodate us! I was so pleased by this extra effort - that's what I call service.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank BiyahengKalye

Reviewed April 26, 2009

By far the best place in Wytheville. Very clean rooms with comfortable beds, nice indoor pool and hotutb and hot breakfast is included. Yes a little bit more than the others, but defintely worth it for the comforts of home while travelling.

Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Canadatravellers2
Reviewed March 31, 2009

This was the best Hampton Inn we've stayed in! My family and I travel at least once a year to Florida (from Toronto) and need overnight accommodations to and from our destination. This was the first time we've stayed at the Hampton in Wytheville. We're very particular people and like our room clean and furnished with nice furniture. This Hampton did not disappoint. It even came with a small fridge and microwave (great for storing our food for the trip since we didn't have to load up the sink with ice to keep our food cool overnight). The room was very quiet and the beds extremely comfortable. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was all that we needed (cereal for the kids, bagels and good coffee for us adults). All in all, a great overnight stay.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Kristan777
Reviewed July 13, 2008

I redeemed my Hilton Honors points to stay here for one night during my one week stay in Wytheville. Check-in was very quick and easy. The room was very spacious, clean and updated. The beds were amazingly comfortable and the bathroom was very modern. The fitness room had all of the basic equipment and a large TV to view while working out. The hotel also had a nice little indoor pool.

I requested a late check-out if possible, but the lady at the front desk said she could not do that since the hotel was completely booked the night before and housekeeping had to get in to clean it. I didn't really understand that, I would have assumed that housekeeping would have been more behind schedule if they had more rooms to clean. It would have made more sense if the hotel was going to be busy the night of our check out and then I could see that they would have to get ready for the busy evening ahead- but that wasn't the case.

Anyway, we were about 15 minutes past the normal check-out time, and were about ready to leave the room, when housekeeping knocked on the door to see when we would be leaving- even though the "do no disturb" sign was up! I thought that was really rude. As a result, I would not stay here again, and I was going to give this hotel a solid three star rating, but because of housekeeping, I am giving it a two-star.

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank wanderlust333
Reviewed July 12, 2008

Looking for accommodations late in the evening this was the only property in the area with rooms. We had to settle for smoking as that was all they had. It may not have mattered as the entire hallway on the floor (half of which was supposed to be non-smoking rooms) smelled of smoke. Room seemed clean & breakfast was typical Hampton Inn. No other problems.

Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed March 6, 2008

We got the last room during a snow storm. We were happy to find a Hampton Inn but found it not up to the usual standards. The linens seemed clean but the tile floor had dirt in the cornors. There was a long piece of toilet paper laying in the third floor hall when we got there and it was still there the next morning. Someone from the hotel had to have gone past it when our paper was delivered the next morning. Staff was friendly but it wasn't as clean as we have come to expect at most Hampon Inns.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2007

I'm hard to please when it comes to paying for accomodations because I expect to actually get value for my money. I was not disappointed with this Hampton Inn...first on my list of requirements is cleanliness...it was a very clean and comfortable room. Second on my list of requirements is peace and quiet...I had no problems here. The bonus was the really great breakfast which included both hot and cold selections with a friendly staff to keep the food fresh and plentiful even for late risers. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple