New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Fincastle, Virginia
“Clean, quiet, comfortable.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

Clean, quiet, comfortable. That pretty much sums up the stay. Staff was friendly and attentive, common area were clean and in good repair as were the rooms. Breakfast was as normal for a Hampton, nothing fantastic but good. Not having a juice machine is inconvenient, as was the unavailability of hard boiled eggs.
Would stay here again when traveling through the area.

1 Thank Bill P
Barbara J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Wytheville, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Bill,

Thank you for your review of our property. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the peaceful setting. I hopr you will continue to choose the Wytheville Hampton Inn for your lodging needs while traveling in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Roanoke, VA, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

The front desk staff is not as friendly as other Hampton's but the breakfast staff at this Hampton, is excellent, very personable. They also have some of the best apples I have ever eaten! Good selections and food is hot.

1 Thank Pat S
Pat,

Thanks for taking time to leave a review about our hotel. I am glad to hear that the Breafast staff made you feel welcome and important. I will speak with each Front Desk clerk to ensure they provide the same service.
Richmond, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Lack of understanding of extended stay customers. The Hotel strikes me as one that hopes you are one and done. I have stayed at this hotel during several Christmas Holidays with no Room Services (Towels, Cleaning, Etc.) on Christmas Day and I have not complained, but this last trip took the cake. Terrible treatment, no respect during the stay and no access to Hotel Management until after my departure. I am a Hilton Diamond VIP Member and can not believe this hotel is part of the Hilton Family of Hotels.

1 Thank Bruce F
Bruce,

Thanks for providing helpful feedback concerning our property. I always use our guest feedback as a tool to better improve our guest services and make improvements to our hotel. I apologize for the issues that you encountered and have stood by our 100% Guarantee that if you are not happy then you stay is on us. I hope you will continue to choose the Wytheville Hampton Inn for your lodging needs.
Blacklick, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Check in was slow due to only one desk person checking guests in...backed up to 5 guests checking in at one time. Desk person was very efficient...but they needed a second person...she answered the phone too. Free Internet service was very slow to the point of being essentially unusable. I tethered at my own expense instead. Room rate of about $140 before taxes is getting rather high for a minimum service hotel in a rural area. Lots of noisy children in the hotel the night I stayed but the room was very quiet. Very clean. Probably worth the extra $30-$40 per night when compared to other minimum service hotels in the immediate area. Many restaurants in the immediate area made dinner easy. I will stay here again as I travel through this area 3 or 4 times a year.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your honest review. I will have my staff look into the issue with our internet immediately, and ensure that our Front Desk Manager is properly scheduling additional staff on busy nights. We always strive to give each guest a clean comfortable room that reflects the highest levels of standards. I am pleased to hear that we meet your expectations. I am will forward to your return.
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Just not up to the usual standard of Hampton. Have noted that it is poorly run and under staffed. Our wait to check in was slow. There were other guests waiting and lone staff member was on the telephone on hotel business. Just not a good over all experience. We had stayed there 3 years ago and had a similar experience but had forgotten. Won't forget again!

• 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Terri R
Terri,
I apologize for the bad experience you had at our hotel. At your earliest convenience please call me to discuss the issues so that I can address my staff and hopefully improve your experience that you had with us. I can be reached at 276.228.6090.
Cleveland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed on our way to and from the beach. The lobby is nicely remodeled but the rooms could use the same. Our first room was okay, clean, nice adjustable shower head, and good AC. Upon return, our room smelled musty and the bathroom was set back and very small. There was a cut out for a dressing area that was empty and a door for the closet was particle board painted brown. AC did not work well. Very strange, since the first room was just fine. Breakfast was fine, coffee, juices, eggs, and make your own waffles, fruit, etc. Bed were okay, a little on the soft side. A bit pricey, but the have their market cornered. Not one of the newly remodeled Hampton's. Would stay again, but would ask for another room if I got the second room again. It was already midnight, so I didn't bother this time.

Room Tip: Ask for large bathroom room.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Barbara J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Wytheville, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Ms. Curly8

I’m surprised that you had this issue I appreciate you taken the time to fill out a review. I will have my Head Housekeeper look into this matter so it won’t happen again. We look forward for your next stay at the Hampton Inn Wytheville

Warm regards
Catawba, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Lovely location, beautiful rooms and an indoor pool with great breakfast. Check in was very fast and easy, breakfast had quite a crowd but we never ran out of food - kids were treated like kings. Beds were clean and bathroom was well stocked.

Ms. Deborah,

It's so great to hear that you had a wonderful experience during your stay. We love serving wonderful guests such as yourself and appreciate your feedback and time that it takes to write these reviews

Thanks.