“Really nice hotel”

Hampton Inn Wytheville
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The Hampton staff were great helping us get a room even though it was a busy weekend (car racing event) and they knew we were arriving after just cancelling our pre-booked room at a less than desirable dirty hotel across the street They treated us very well knowing how upset we were from the other hotel and that it was late, and we'd been travelling all day with the kids and needed rest. The rooms and bedding were super clean! Yeah! The pool and hot tub were good. The hot breakfast included the next morning was awesome! Real food! Waffle maker to make fresh waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, assorted baked goods, cereals, yoghurt, fruit salad and even fresh fruit to take one for the road! We stayed one night enroute to Florida and then returned for one night on our way home. Way to go Hampton Inn!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Boyfriend and I stayed here as a rest stop on long drive from Florida back to Canada. Check-in was fairly simple though the clerk was having some technical issues with his computer. We were pleasantly surprised with the updated decor and spacious rooms. Our room included a fridge and microwave. Breakfast area was nice, only complaint was that the orange juice doesn't keep very cold in the pitcher. I booked this hotel (via Hampton Inn website) in advance of our trip so our rate was excellent. Would definitely stay here again during a road trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DrivingSoul
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Hampton Inn Wytheville is nice, but... it leaves some to be desired. First, the good: updated decor, competitive rates, most staff was friendly, all the amenities (breakfast, fitness center, pool, cable TV). Second, the bad: upon arrival the front desk staff was rude, not friendly and was abrupt while I was reading over the paperwork she asked me to sign. This really put me off but the rest of the staff was friendly and helpful.
The rooms were nicely decorated and mostly clean, although I was put off by the sink was not completely wiped down, and by the lack of wallpaper behind the toilet in the bathroom.
Breakfast was very good. There was eggs, bacon, hot and cold cereal, as well as fruit. The coffee was pretty good too.
One of the best options in the area.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WhineandMine
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Went here after looking up rates online. Desk would not honor those rates so they made me make my own reservation on my phone standing in the lobby. Then she said she didn't have the reservation because I used Expedia and "they always take a long time". She told me that I should have booked through them....never found reservations and made me call Expedia....Expedia calls front desk and she admits that her computer system is down and they can't make any reservations or let anyone get a room for at least 45 minutes. She was rude and made me think that it was my fault when it was her system down the whole time. Wouldn't offer anyone a room so we left!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Even though room was paid by cash a charge was placed on my credit card. Credit card was given just to hold room. A week later and I still have not recieved the credit due my card. The padded mattress top was terrible.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

1st room had ants in sink. Changed our room. 2nd room boasted of cleanliness with a sticky note on the headboard. Dusty refrig top. I was scolded at breakfast for spilling the orange juice and received instruction on how to pour from the carafe. Never again at a Hampton. Sorry I didn't keep my reservation at the Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 2, 2014

it took us 31 minutes to check in and the lobby was overflowing with people and luggage. Some people left and went to another hotel. They booked us for Friday when I HAD asked for Saturday night. There was only one lady at the check in counter and she was totally overwhelmed with the number of people she had to process. The beds are amazingly comfortable and the breakfast was great.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple