“Pleasently surprised”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Wytheville
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed January 3, 2014

If you travel with your dog, this is the place for you. Wish I had known before I let my AAA agent book this hotel. Fitness Center only had had two machines, one of which was broken. breakfast was typical fare. If you don't travel with your dog and/or you have pet allergies like I do - stay somewhere else! I will next time I travel this way.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bordbanker
RussellS6162, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for the review. As always we do try our best to keep track of rooms rented with pets and always clean every room properly so that allergies is to a minimum.

DELTONA
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We reserved this hotel with our points from our many nights in La Quinta's. On the outwards appearance things looked pretty nice. We arrived on the Friday night after Christmas to find the lobby packed with other guests waiting to register as there was only one clerk to register guests. It did not appear that there was any management and that this poor single girl was the entire operation. Now with it being the Holiday Season and the fact that this is one of the main route to Florida where there is numerous College Bowl football games, one would have thought that the management would have had extra help scheduled or been there himself. NO!!! When I finally reached the counter check-in went fast and courteously. Asked about the breakfast and were informed of the time and that it consisted of Pastries, sausage, gravy, eggs, biscuits, waffles, juices, coffee and other items. Well... the next morning we found a couple of the items told about and a very poor selection of anything else. Ended up buying breakfast down the road. The real run was in the shower which has stone walls around it however there was black algae and an excess of caulking on this otherwise beautiful enclosure. I just have a problem showering in algae and mold. Also, in the middle of the night I woke up with my head/nose next to the mattress. Not the hotel's fault just the way I sleep, and I thought I had fallen into an ashtray. What a rude surprise to wake up to. Since this did not cost me due to my points, we actually it did cost me as we all know that the cost of the points are figured into the cost of all rooms and therefore I just had pre-paid my room with other La Quinta visits, I guess I received what I paid for. The Days Inn across the road is a much nicer environment and you can park immediately in front of your door.

Room Tip: Smell the bed before you unload into it. Mine reminded me of sleeping in an ashtray!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
RussellS6162, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
We are sorry to hear your stay was not what you expected. I will review all of your concerns with my staff and resolve the issues.

Fort Lewis, Washington
Reviewed December 31, 2013

we are in the middle of a cross country move and normally I always have good and bad things I remember. I simply don't remember much, but I know it was clean. I had no problems with the staff- they allow pets, for free. honestly You can't beat that.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review. We are glad to hear everything was fine.
We hope to see you again soon.

Caledonia, Canada
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We always stay at La Quinta with their great pet policy. We were so disappointed with this hotel. We checked in very late at 11:30 and got the last room. The bathroom was dirty and the toilet was broken. Bed linens were dirty with hair. We should have complained right then but with the late hour my husband got the toilet to flush and we turned in. First thing in the morning we spoke to the front desk but received a half hearted sorry and the promise to tell the manager. There were dog feces in the front lobby doorway and my husband picked them up as the front desk clerk watched. There were more outside and we told the desk but she made no move to call for help. Very disgusted with this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
RussellS6162, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for the review and feedback I apologize for the problems you had during your stay. I will look into the toilet issues and also look into the housekeeping issues and retrian as needed. I hope you had a great CHRISTmas and a happy New Years.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 21, 2013

The beds were awesome as were the pillows, I prefer feathered ones but these were decent. Very pleasant and friendly staff whom also informed us about the freshly baked cookies in the evening and breakfast (free) in the morning. We found stores close by and a few restaurants. We stayed here going to Florida and also on our way back. On the way back did have a little noise from the next room for a short time but owners calmed their pups down pretty fast. I would wholeheartedly recommend this LaQuinta location.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for the review. I'm pleased to hear your stay was clean and fresh.

Stedman, North Carolina
Reviewed November 26, 2013

If you are traveling with pets this is a good place for a stopover.We spent the night on a two day trip from KY to southeast NC. The room was large, clean and comfortable. We were on the second floor, along with many other dog owners, so getting your dogs out for a walk involves the stairs at either end of the hall or the single elevator in the middle. An initial problem with the toilet in the room was fixed very quickly by maint before we had everything unloaded. It appears for be an older property that has been very well remodeled. The staff was very pleasant both in check-in and checkout. We often do the same trip and will stay here again when doing so.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RussellS6162, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments. I'm sorry you had a problem with the toilet in the beginning. We are in the renovation process and hope to be completly renovated by spring 2014.