“Wonderful!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Houston, Texas, United States
“Wonderful!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I (once again), stayed here on my trip to Chattanooga TN and back from Chattanooga TN, the staff was great, fast check in and out, the room was very clean and smelled fresh, bed was VERY comfortable. The breakfast was also very good, hot and plenty of coffee. The only suggestion I could offer is that they raise the TV up -say maybe 12 inches, was too low to see when laying in bed, had to sit up to watch TV. I travel several times a year and this is my favorite stop. Also felt very safe as I am a single female traveler.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
RussellS6162, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Wytheville, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for the compliments we are glad to hear you had a wonderful stay I do appoligize if the television is to low to watch while laying in the bed.

Russell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Kettering, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed here a couple of years ago and raved about the place. This time, we can see it going downhill fast. The pet friendly room we stayed in was not very clean; around the beds and corners you could find dust and dropped food particles. It had a dog odor upon entering the room and my dog definitely could pick out dog smells. The desk clerks were friendly upon check-in and check-out, so that was a plus. The bed was pretty comfortable as well. We just hope they pay more attention to detail while cleaning or there won't be many visitors returning.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
RussellS6162, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Wytheville, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for your response. I will look into the issues you have wrote about and address them with my staff and retrain as needed to ensure these problems do not continue.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

As avid pet lovers, we stay at La Quinta almost exclusively and thus, have a solid metric on which to base our expectations of their hotels. We have stayed at this particular one three times and each time is more disappointing than the last. We always request the first floor and as La Quinta Returns Elite members, our requests are generally honored. Unfortunately, upon check-in we were informed that the first floor was booked solid and the clerk asked if the top floor was ok. I asked that if there was anything available on the second floor and was given an emphatic "no." These things happen; I took it in stride and went to collect my bags. As I was carrying my bags in, however, another woman was checking in. The clerk put her in a second floor room after telling me no rooms were available on that floor. I was a little irritated at this point, but we had already carried most of our luggage up so I decided to just let it go.

Shortly after getting settled, we attempted to use the bathroom only to find the toilet wouldn't flush. I promptly went down to the front desk to ask for a plunger. The clerk was on her cell phone engaged in a personal call and didn't even acknowledge my presence. I stood there for several minutes before giving up and returning to my room. When it came time for bed, I turned the TV on and was greeted with a level of television reception reminiscent of the days of tinfoil and rabbit ears antennas. In other words, the picture quality was so bad that the images on screen were barely recognizable. I shut the TV off and went to bed.

Upon checkout, I asked to speak with the manager. The woman at the desk stated that she was "one of" the managers. I relayed my concerns to her and she apologized. She then asked what I thought was fair compensation for my troubles. I informed her that I would leave that to her as she was the manager and this was her job. She gave me 20% off one night even though my stay was for 2 nights. I can't even begin to comprehend the logic behind that decision. I spent TWO days trudging up and down four flights of stairs with my dog, watching waste pile up in the toilet, and having no TV. Nonetheless, I had no desire to get into a debate with anyone at 8 AM and I wanted to enjoy the last day of my weekend getaway, so I begrudgingly nodded and was on my way. I will likely return as this is the only truly pet-friendly hotel in this area (which I travel to annually), but if you don't HAVE to stay here, I highly recommend you stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: The top floor is incredibly hot. Try one of the other floors.
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
First of all, let me thank you for choosing La Quinta. I am very sorry for the lack of personal attention and the quality of service you should have received during your stay with us. Please be assured I will meet with my staff and make sure that they are aware of these problems.

I look forward to you staying with us again in the near future.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were on a family vacation - like to sleep in - Breakfast ended at 9:30 or 10:00

La Quinta should keep it going till at least 11:00 as a rule throughout the Chain!

The one good thing is the coffee is available in the lobby all day.

The coffee makers in the room do not make strong coffee.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

RussellS6162, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Wytheville, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for the review and we are glad to hear you had a good stay.

Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had a lovely day starting home from Greenville, had picked Wytheville as our stopping point; didn't shop around for hotels because I'm sick of mediocre hotels telling us they don't take dogs or they want to charge $25 - $40 a night just for the dog. We are welcomed and comfortable at La Quinta and this hotel was no exception. There were a LOT of dogs staying that night and we were all put on the second floor...there were only 2 or three rooms on the floor that did not have a dog. Everyone's pet other than one was well behaved; we got a great night's sleep and had a nice breakfast before the long haul up the road. The desk clerk on the afternoon shift when we arrived could have been more pleasant, was actually rude to a resident on the phone in front of customers checking in, but the clerk on Sat. AM was fine, cheerful and helpful. This is an older hotel, but everything and I mean EVERYTHING was super clean and very well maintained; the rooms are pleasant and of course the beds very comfy.

Room Tip: In this hotel, it appears that dogs are designated to the same floor - we stayed on a Friday night a...
    • 5 of 5 stars
RussellS6162, Manager at La Quinta Inn Wytheville, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
We are glad to be your go to hotel on the road. I'm glad everything was wonderful and that you felt right at home. I did see where my desk clerk was very short/rude with another guest on the phone about internet service I have went over this with the employee and how customer service and guest satisfaction is our #1 priority. We hope to see you again soon.

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Needing a place to stay for the night we noticed a La Quinta sign for the one in Wytheville Va. Not wanting to drive any further I decided to check in not knowing anything about the place. I was very impressed with how clean everything was on the outside as well as the inside. The people behind the desk were great and so was the room, and a very good price I must say. I would recommend this one to anybody that wants a nice place to stay.

• 5 of 5 stars
We are glad to hear you had a great stay and I will share this great review with all my staff.

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is about halfway between our departure from Washington DC and north Georgia, so it's very convenient for us. This LaQuinta Inn is very accessible from I-81, and there are nearby restaurants and fast food. It sits up on a little hill, and is very quiet if you want to retire early. Good place to buy discounted gasoline as well. If you'll check with Gasbuddy.com, you can see that several of the gas stations in Wytheville are considerably discounted from the usual ones along I-81. Well, the hotel itself is very clean, and the bed and room furnishings are tops. Don't expect tons of fancy stuff at this price, but DO make your reservations early online, if possible. (You can call the front desk while on the road, too.) We procrastinated, and got the last room in the place! Wouldn't have been a disaster, as there are other motels in the area. But LaQuinta is usually our first choice. As you can tell from the LaQuinta web site that their breakfast is included. Just don't wait till the end of the serving window or you may find they've run out of bananas, or eggs, or another favorite food. Plenty for the kids to eat, too. We'll always stop there on our north to south trips to Georgia.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor because that's all that was available, but any location would be OK...