I had booked LaQuinta Wytheville, VA using my LaQuinta Returns points I have accrued. I am a big fan of LaQuinta as I have never had a bad experience and I've been staying at this chain, for years. The closest LaQuinta I could get to Bristol Tennessee was Wytheville, Virginia and that was still an hour and twenty minutes out. I made reservation and requested early check-in, which was noted, but honored only if room was available and ready from previous night stays. So we left Columbus Ohio at 6am and got to LaQuinta in Wytheville at 1130am for check-in. Linda, at desk, said nobody will be checking in until 3pm today due to special event and per her General Manager. I told her I had reservation and special request noted of early check-in and there was only a hand-full of cars in parking lot so I knew rooms were available, per policy. Besides my wife and I, we had our 2 year old and our dog along for trip. I explained to Linda we were to meet family at 1pm at speedway, and would be leaving once we took dog and luggage to room. She said we have 2 options--check-in at 3pm or look for another hotel. There were many angry customers that day as we grabbed a bite to eat and waited in lobby almost entire time as we could do nothing. Anyways we checked in at 3pm and was in bad traffic since it was closer to time of race. We missed all pre-race festivities which ruined whole weekend. We made it in time for driver intros and race. I am so disappointed we spent $400 on our tickets to race and we couldn't even enjoy time with family who came from south and couldn't enjoy all the days festivities. What a way to spend our first Race at Bristol! This was the worst customer service ever by all LaQuinta's we have stayed at. And breakfast ended earlier (930am) than other LaQuinta's as we missed it too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just off Highway 11, La Quinta Inn & Suites Wytheville is just around the corner from the area's most popular attractions. Enjoy a delicious and free Bright Side Breakfast(R), including waffles, biscuits, bagels, and fresh pastries while sipping on bottomless cups of coffee and juice. Whether you're staying for business or pleasure, you'll enjoy our hotel's numerous free amenities designed to optimize your comfort and allow you to relish in the joys of home. Relax in your spacious suites, take a tip in our indoor swimming pool, or try our free Wi-Fi available throughout the hotel. Staying for business? We're less than five miles away from Longwood Industries, Inc., Quaker-Tropicana-Gatorade, and Hutchinson Sealing Systems. Just check into our hotel, and then head out to wrap-up your business affairs. Leisure travelers enjoy our hotel's convenient location to a myriad of local attractions, including Gate Wind Amusement Park, Fort Chiswell Animal Park, and more. Afterward, when you're ready to call it a day, you can head back to our hotel and relax in a spacious suite, equipped with a lush pillow-top mattress, cable TV, and other modern-day amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, LaQuinta, Odigeo, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your La Quinta Inn Wytheville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Wytheville Hotel Wytheville
- La Quinta Wytheville
- Wytheville La Quinta
- La Quinta Hotel Wytheville