“VERY NICE BETTER THAN EXPECTED!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Wytheville

La Quinta Inn Wytheville
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I had booked LaQuinta Wytheville, VA using my LaQuinta Returns points I have accrued. I am a big fan of LaQuinta as I have never had a bad experience and I've been staying at this chain, for years. The closest LaQuinta I could get to Bristol Tennessee was Wytheville, Virginia and that was still an hour and twenty minutes out. I made reservation and requested early check-in, which was noted, but honored only if room was available and ready from previous night stays. So we left Columbus Ohio at 6am and got to LaQuinta in Wytheville at 1130am for check-in. Linda, at desk, said nobody will be checking in until 3pm today due to special event and per her General Manager. I told her I had reservation and special request noted of early check-in and there was only a hand-full of cars in parking lot so I knew rooms were available, per policy. Besides my wife and I, we had our 2 year old and our dog along for trip. I explained to Linda we were to meet family at 1pm at speedway, and would be leaving once we took dog and luggage to room. She said we have 2 options--check-in at 3pm or look for another hotel. There were many angry customers that day as we grabbed a bite to eat and waited in lobby almost entire time as we could do nothing. Anyways we checked in at 3pm and was in bad traffic since it was closer to time of race. We missed all pre-race festivities which ruined whole weekend. We made it in time for driver intros and race. I am so disappointed we spent $400 on our tickets to race and we couldn't even enjoy time with family who came from south and couldn't enjoy all the days festivities. What a way to spend our first Race at Bristol! This was the worst customer service ever by all LaQuinta's we have stayed at. And breakfast ended earlier (930am) than other LaQuinta's as we missed it too.

• 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank Sherry E
RussellS6162, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Wytheville, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
I'm sorry to hear about your delayed check-in, as stated our check-in time is at 3pm. I do see where you had a request for early check-in and we always try to honor these special request but unfortunatly due to being sold out the night prior to your arrival it was about 3pm before we had rooms cleaned and properly inspected for our guest that night. I apologize for any inconveniencethis may have caused.

Smyrna, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stopped at this hotel on a recent trip to Pennsylvania from Atlanta with the family in tow. IT is a little on the expensive side for a highway hotel but in the end was worth the price.The room was clean and comfortable and the fridge was a nice bonus as we were traveling with an infant. Like most LaQuinta's this one is pet friendly, which is nice if you are traveling with any four-legged friends. Breakfast was not bad with sausage and biscuits and an assortment of fruit and muffins. We will definitely keep this property in mind again when returning to Pennsylvania.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pic15
Bluffton, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

It's nice to find a hotel that allows pets for free. The hotel is in need of some refurbishment, not from the pets, just in general. The shower curtain smelled musty. Not for those who mind an occasional bark from down the hall

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
RussellS6162, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Wytheville, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for the comments. I will look into the musty shower curtian smell and I will replace it right away.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stopped here on a trip up to Ohio to visit friends. The location, off of I-77 & I-81 at exit 73, was easy on and easy off. There are several other hotel choices there as well as several dining options. We found the room clean and the staff friendly. The complimentary breakfast was average. It consisted of "do it yourself" waffles, pre-formed ( probably previously frozen) round scrambled eggs and sausage patties. There were biscuits, bagles and small muffins and cereal as well as some fruit and several beverage options. This is a somewhat standard offering at most similar lodgings and we judged it average.

The hotel is pet friendly amd pets stay free. Those who stay there can expect to encounter plenty. This may pose a problem for those who have not done prior research and suffer from dander allergies. We are previous pet owners and don't mind them, however there was a mild "dog" oder in our room and somewhat less noticable in our hall. Most pet owners had their animals under control.but one gentleman brought his standard sized poodle ( a rather large dog) into the breakfast area and proceeded to feed it from his table. The dog also had a keen interest in what others had on their tables. That's not acceptable, against hotel policy and staff should have objected.

Overall, the hotel was clean, oder withstanding, located in a good stopping point, staffed by friendly employees and has a great mountain view. If you're a pet owner this may be a very good place for you to stop on your trip.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the comments. I do appologize for the pets being in the breakfast bar area and although we do have signs posted and explain policy at check in some will still choose to disobey I apologize that we did not respond or catch them breaking policy. I will go over this with my staff to insure they know to stop any pets from the breakfast bar area.

Chalmette, Louisiana, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was a wonderful hotel. Very clean. Friendly staff. Will definitely stay again. Only thing that needs work is the breakfast area - not enough seating and noisy if staying in a room next to the area.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta