“Rudy stays for FREE!!!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Wytheville
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Reviewed December 24, 2012

LaQuinta is a great value for the money....the hotel was clean and comfortable but the best part is our 14 lb Bichon/Poodle Rudy could stay for FREE. We travel extensively and always with our little dog. There have been many times we've stayed at other hotels and had to pay up to $20 a nite for our dog Rudy. In several cases....the dog was cleaner than the room!!! At LaQuinta Wytheville, Rudy was welcome and we were all very comfortable. I've joined LaQuinta Rewards and enroute to our Florida home, which we make several times a year, we will always stay at a LaQuinta.....especially if Rudy stays for FREE.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
RussellS6162, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful comments and as always Rudy is welcome to stay for free. We hope you had a chance to enjoy our heated indoor pool and free hot breakfast as well. I hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Wytheville

Reviewed December 2, 2012

When in Wytheville VA we wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else. The rooms are spacious w' microwave and fridge, flat panel TVs, wonderful bathroom layout (lots of counter space) and the breakfast is awesome- waffles, eggs, sausage, yogurt, fruit etc etc.
Convenient to 81 and 77- easy off/on.

1  Thank Elizabeth T
RussellS6162, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for the great comments. We are glad you enjoy your stay and the breakfast. We are completely renovating so hopefully you can enjoy your next stay in a completely remodeled room. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Outside the craziness of Pigeon Forge but close enough to enjoy all Pigeon Forge has to offer. Friendly and efficient staff and hotel improvements by new management make this a top pick when we visit the area.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We checked in exhausted around 7:30 pm on 11/17/2012 after driving 11 hours. We were in our room for an hour and found bedbug nymphs on our sons bed pillow, my older son smashed about 5 of them and that left big blood stains on the pillow case. We got 2 of the bugs in a ziplock bag to make sure they were bedbugs before we checked out, sure enough, after googling it, we had an exact match for baby bedbugs or "nymphs". After looking more we found stuff that looked like flea dirt under our cover sheet and lots of little clusters of dried blood on the pillow case seems. Yes, they refunded our money, but werent very sympathetic. We had to drive home 6 more hours over night, all the while being itchier than ever. When we finally got home we had to strip everyone down, wash all of our clothes in hot water (which ruined my sweater and my sons teddy bear) and shower, all just because we chose to stay at La Quinta in Wytheville (for 2 hours). Today 11/18/2012 was spent sweeping and disinfecting all of our belongings and the inside of our car instead of having anytime to catch up after being gone for a week... Once again because we chose this hotel. What a mistake! We were on the 4th floor, room 404 I believe. If this becomes a problem in my house I don't even know what I will do!

3  Thank LindsayC301
RussellS6162, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

I appreciate all reviews, but this review is not true. Please read the letter below concerning the room in question:

J.R. Syndicate LLC, Lic. #9696
P.O. Box 496
Wytheville, VA 24382
276-228-4475 fax 276-228-4606

To Whom It May Concern:

I, Arthur Johnson, inspected Room 404 of the LaQuinta Inn for bed bugs on November 18, 2012. After completion of my inspection, there was no visible sign of bed bugs in this room. The manager requested that this room be treated as a precautionary measure.

If any further information is needed, please feel free to call me at 276-228-4475.

Arthur L. Johnson, President
J.B. Syndicate LLC

A TripAdvisor Member
Ft Myers, Florida, USA
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Our stay at La Quinta Wytheville VA was wonderful. Our room was clean, beds comfortable, morning complimentary breakfast very complete and tasty, service pleasant and personnel efficient. We will definitely stay at this hotel in the future and recommend it to our friends. Absolutely no complaints!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
RussellS6162, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review. we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Was passing through and had my dog with me. La Quinta is usually consistent - clean, acceptable rooms. This one, eh, not so much. Check in was quick and friendly. I will say, nice pet policy - no extra charges, that's nice and quite uncommon. First thing I noticed is that the elevator is insanely slow. Even once I loaded on, it took several minutes for the doors to close (and no close door button, weird). Elevator promptness is not something I would normally notice. This one is just so insanely slow to close the doors, you can't help but notice (I thought it was broken!). The decor is out of date, but who cares about that. Bathroom was questionable on the cleanliness. The ceiling had what appeared to be either horrible food stains or rust everywhere. The heating unit just didn't work, blew cold air all night. The bedding left a lot to be desired. One extremely flimsy blanket (barely thicker than a sheet), the sheet and then a very thin comforter (which I prefer to not use the comforters anyway, since they rarely, if ever, get washed). With the heating/cooling unit blowing cold, rather than warm air, I did not sleep well at all because I was so cold, even though I had on sweat pants, socks and a long sleeve shirt. I was pleasantly surprised at check in to discover that they have a fitness facility. Until I saw it. One treadmill, one bike, that's it. Seriously, that is all that was in the room. The treadmill was rickety and unstable and the previous workout would not clear out. They had a free breakfast, but I had breakfast plans, so I didn't try it. This is one of the more expensive hotels in Wytheville, they either need to lower prices by about $20 or even $30 or make huge improvements. Hopefully improvements are the route they plan to take. As I said, they are clearly doing some renovations. Once that is complete, I would be willing to check it out again sometime.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank meklein

The you for your feed back I'm sorry to hear about the issues and I have looked into them and have fixed the elevator that was slow also fixed the heat A/C unit. We are going going through a complete renovations and should be completed by March 2013. We hope to see you again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Largo, Florida, USA
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Attended the FSU - Virginia Tech Football game. Stayed at the Wytheville Inn and very satisfied with the accommendations. The front desk gal was very fast, friendly and accomendating. I was able to check-in prior to the game and return around 2 AM ready to go to he room and rest.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for the wonderful feed back. We hope to see you again soon.