“Worst Stay Possible!!!”

Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
arizona
“Worst Stay Possible!!!”
Reviewed November 1, 2007

My family and I stayed the 2nd week into October 07'. We have never made a bigger mistake!! When we first walked into the building, the smell of Chlorine was almost over whelming. It smelled like I had just stuck my head into a bottle of Bleach. This told me the pool was not being tended to as it should be. Then when we go to check in, the front desk lady was very rude! Very short and snappy with us, this made me feel bad for my kids having to listen to this person. After getting to our room in this "Newly Renovated" hotel, we find a heater / ac that could have come from the stone age, definitely not newly renovated! It worked thank goodness, as I didn't care to deal with the rude desk person again, albeit loud and shaky. The room itself was nice with nice things. When I went to get ice for our drinks, again something definitely not "Newly Renovated". The Ice machine was at least 10 years old and not something that was new. It didn't work nor did the others. I never knew that getting Ice in a "Newly Renovated" was such a difficult thing. At anything I would not stay at this place again. Not near worth the $79.99 for the room or the rude service!!

• Liked — Nice beds & T.V's
  • Disliked — The rude desk person and lack of management on duty.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank ArizonaThomas123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
VA
Reviewed October 15, 2007

This is a pretty nice hotel. I was surprised to see a plasma TV, which was really great. The beds were fine and everything in the room worked properly. The main reason why I stayed there was because it was one of the only places that allowed small dogs. If you're traveling through Wytheville, stay at the LaQuinta. It's a good price for a good stay.

• Liked — Nice rooms
  • Disliked — Strange location
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
ohio
Reviewed August 26, 2007

Nice rooms. Looked like they had been recently refurbished. Plasma TV, nice bedding, and room was clean. There was no vent in the bathroom, but it did have the curved shower rod. The only problem I had was that I called on our the way to our destination to confirm our room since we were going to be arriving late. They said my room had been cancelled, which I did not do. Fortunately, they did have another room avaliable and gave it to me at the same rate. Overall, a very nice hotel for the value. But I would suggest double checking your reservation before you get there.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed August 18, 2007

Booked this room through Hotwire & then worried because of all the poor reviews. I finally called the hotel directly and was told that it had recently re-opened (as La Quinta) after months of rehab. The building was formerly a Holiday Inn.

Fast forward to our stay...the room was clean and comfortable, my husband fell in love with the flat screen LCD TVs, and the room was very quiet for our overnight stay on the way to the beach. Breakfast was mediocre...not the best, but not the worst continental breakfast we've ever had. We would stay here again if our travels take us this way.

This is a good 2-star hotel...not the 2.5 stars that hotwire gives it. My advice is to book directly through the hotel or through AAA, both of which list a better rate than I paid with hotwire.

• Liked — Flat Screen LCD TVs in each room
  • Disliked — Quality of Continental Breakfast
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Rochester, NY
Reviewed April 15, 2007

After reading the bad experiences posted last year, I almost re-booked at another location. When we arrived we saw a sign indicating all the rooms had been recently refurbished, and it appeared to be the case when we got to our room. The room appeared to be clean and new and was a full suite with separate bedroom, pull-out sofa in the living room and large TV's in both living room and bedroom (for only $62!). There were sufficient work areas (desks) in both rooms also. No problems with the wireless service. I would recommend to anyone looking for a stopping point between Florida and Western NY. The breakfast was not great, but sufficient. The weather did not allow for use of the pool so it was covered.

• Liked — Large clean rooms
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed September 4, 2006

Absolutely the worst lodging experience I've ever had. The air conditioner was broken, and made awful noises all night long. The room had roaches, and the management was unwilling to even acknowledge any problems exist. I would stay anywhere but here!

• Stayed August 2006
4 Thank Piratefan
Coldwater, Michigan
Reviewed June 18, 2006

The rooms were clean and nice. They even had the blanket covered top and bottom which is nice. But, they only give you 2 continental breakfast tickets. Anyone else in your room has to pay $3.50 for a cold breakfast. They didn't tell us that when we checked in. I asked about it and made a comment about that being a plus for us. They should have told us up front that only 2 people could eat for free. This is the first time we have run into this and it was irritating. We had to decide who wasn't going to eat. Also, I wanted some ice. I couldn't find an ice machine anywhere. I went to the front desk and apparantly they don't let guests get their own ice. They have to get it for you. Must be they don't want people putting ice in their coolers which is something we all want to do when traveling.

• Stayed June 2006