“Clean, comfortable room”

Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Washington DC
“Clean, comfortable room”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Wytheville is a good in-between place for me to meet friends from out of state. It was clean and comfortable, and I felt safe while staying there. The price was very reasonable, but the breakfast did not have really fresh fruit. But safe and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Driving home from a business trip, I booked this hotel for one night.

I was suprised at the negative reviews here and the comment that a single woman should avoid this place. Really? I was travelling alone and had no issues with this place. I've stayed in my fair share of creepy places and this hotel was in no way scary.

My room was clean. The bed was comfy.

The breakfast buffet was a tad sparse. Don't look for a scrambled eggs or anything hot. That was fine for me, but if you are looking for a bigger breakfast, you may be disappointed.

For the money, I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Warwick, New York
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Stayed here for one night. The hotel,hallways on the first floor and my room were odor free. The bed was comfortable, continental breakfast had standard fare. For the rate it was a perfectly good stay. The internet has some problems in that it hangs quite a bit and can be sporadically slow. Some pages wouldn't load at all. The TV channel guide provided wasn't even close to correct, not sure what that's ll about. I didn't find either of those things to be show stoppers though. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: RM 108 was clean and problem free. Toilet flushes a little slow but it does flush.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Oakfield, New York
Reviewed October 2, 2011

This hotel is only ok. The room was only average as for cleanliness. The hallway smelled of stale smoke. The carpet was in need of cleaning. The breakfast was only ok. It had, coffee, juice, cereal, bagels, some fruit and yogurt. We only stayed for over night. If we had to stay in Wytheville again, I wouldnt stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
cambridge, ontario, CANADA
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We stopped here on our way home from Florida. It was the long weekend and stopped at the Holiday Inn Express first but they were full. So we tried this place next. We got the last non-smoking room, which i'm not sure even mattered because this place stunk like smoke SOOOOO BAD that it was as if we were in a smoking room. I can't understand why they put smoking rooms on the lower levels of a hotel. We paid $120 for the suite which was a king bed and pull out sofa. Breakfast was included, but it was the most basic that you can get. I wouldn't stay here again even of it's $50. I'd rather sleep in my car. They need a big over haul.

Room Tip: Book ahead at one of the newer hotels or just sleep in your vehicle.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Steph W
North Carolina
Reviewed September 14, 2011

This place was once pretty nice. Now it's not. The halls wreak of cigarette smoke. They are dimly lit. I would avoid it if I were a woman traveling alone. I don't think rooms in this chain have tubs in any room which, for me, is OK. Still, the shower stall had a grungy feel and some repairs were due in the bath area. The desk chair was broken. Towels and washcloths were flimsy. The parking area was not well lit. As for breakfast, byo or eat at something nearby.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Branchland, West Virginia
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Stayed on business and the room and hotel was pretty good. Steak house in walking distance. When I got settled in and tried to work on the internet, it went bad. Two minutes to load a page was the fastest it got. Sometimes the page would not load at all. I tried 15 minutes to send an E-Greeting to my wife for her birthday and gave up because the page would not load. If you are just passing by this place is good, but don't try to work from here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business