All reviewsfront desksalt water poolnext morningmyrtle beachexcellent stayroom was cleanhilton headtrip homegreat stophot tubsouth carolinastay there againafter a long daystaff was friendlybagelsvery nice hotelquick stop
Reviewed September 30, 2010

One night stay en route from Nashville to DC and chose Fairfield for Marriott affiliation, reviews on TA, and relative newness of hotel.

Pros: Very clean, new, well-appointed. Felt like a "real" Marriott even though it's a limited service brand. Decent location (close to highways). Price was definitely right. Breakfast excellent, as free breakfast go (Jimmy Dean Sausage Sandwiches and microwaveable quiche).

Cons (minor): Window opened, but we couldn't sleep with it open due to proximity to highway and truck noise. Breakfast only until 9 a.m. (we were sleeping in at this point in the trip, having just arrived from west coast.

Definitely recommend and one of the better "limited" service hotels on the road trip so far.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2010

We chose this hotel because we've always had positive experiences with Marriott hotels, which Fairfield is a member of. With a destination of Myrtle Beach, Wytheville was the halfway point from Pittsburgh, which led us to this hotel.

Arriving close to 10:00 p.m., the desk attendant (I believe her name was Lashonda) was friendly and quick with checking us in. Upon arriving to our room, it was clean and spacious, yet the next-door neighbor had their TV turned up loud enough to the point that we could hear it with complete clarity. My wife called to the front desk, and she immediately offered to move us to a suite at no extra charge.

The suite was on the same floor, making it an easy and quick move, and more than what we could have expected. Since the point of our stay was to have a restful night, free of distractions, this move was greatly appreciated.

The next morning, the hotel offers a complimentary breakfast with the typical bagels, muffins, fresh fruit, coffee, and juices, but with the added bonus of microwavable breakfast sandwiches and quiches. Based on the amount of people in the breakfast seating area, it's a benefit that everyone appreciates.

I would not hesitate to stay at the very same location again while traveling south based on the amenities offered and the excellent service.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Stayed here starting out on our trip and had a king suite. Since it was late and they wanted to sell the rooms, we got it for a queen rate. Beautiful and clean. Enjoyed that stay so we made a point to stay here on the return back home and stayed in a queen room. Front desk is very nice and friendly. Hotel was quiet and bathrooms are very pretty. Continental breakfast could be improved but overall it was great.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Wytheville after a long night of driving through West Virginia. Using the 1-800 phone number, the Marriott customer service found us this hotel, and they offered us a cheaper rate than listed elsewhere. After five nights of other Marriott hotels along our vacation trip, this room was impressive. It was spotless, a great blessing for travelers, and a separate sitting room with wired Internet access made business on the go a breeze. Check out was 12:00 allowing us to sleep in before hitting the road again. We really enjoyed our stay, but we had no interaction with the desk staff.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ForeverOBX
Reviewed June 30, 2010

I had just been ignored at the local LaQuinta and left for better treatment. I walked into this hotel and my wonderful experience began. The front clerk was so kind and caring, I immediately felt my frustration leave me. My room was perfect, the staff was so very helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family